It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2009, 01:35 AM   #1
(male)

Estehanio HB User
Rebound hypertension after I quit ACE inhibitor Enalapril

I abruptly stopped Enalapril tabs for a week, that I took every day twice, beside my other therapy, and I experienced again high blood pressure, and felt weak and etc, just like when I initially started having high blood pressure problems. With it my pressure was 110/60-50 and i had a bit harder breathing so i thought to stop it. And now few days I have often when I sit 140/80, how long should it take for the Enalapril to work again. I started taking the same dose again for two days, I feel slightly better, I have read on internet that it may take few weeks to again lower the pressure?

Was it bad of me to stop it immediately?
How long shall it take to be again normal, or low :P, I didn't value my low blood pressure but, I prefer now low when I felt so bad for two days..

Thanks

Old 08-17-2009, 09:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

cartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB User
Re: Rebound hypertension after I quit ACE inhibitor Enalapril

Hi,

I think you will be fine, don't worry. But please NEVER EVER stop your medication at once. If your medication makes you tired, or you want change it, you have to wean off your medication. For example, if you want try another ACE drug then your dr will discontinue Enalapril and put you on that new ACE drug.
It will take few days for it to work, for me it took 12 hours to bring my bp down. But we are all different.
So my advice is keep searching for a medication that makes you feel good, or has the least possible side effects. I kept searching for few years until I found Cardizem, this is by far the best medication for me.
Good luck,
Mike

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread