It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2009, 07:08 PM   #1
(male)

pini HB User
can flu cause high blood pressure

I am 65. Have the flu 3rd day.
Taking ramipril 5 mg for HBP.
Taking Cumadin 10 mg and Multak (Denedrone) for AF (currently in normal sinus).
Today my BP is high 95-100 / 160-170 , normaly was controlled 85/135.
Can the flu cause it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2009, 11:32 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: can flu cause high blood pressure

Any illness or pain can cause your BP to rise, as can many over the counter cold or flu pills. JJ

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2009, 09:46 PM   #3
(male)

vessko HB User

I have a very similar case - never had HBP, got a cold/flu after trying to battle it with herbal immune system boosters and vitamin C for a week. All through these last 7 days I was experiencing bodily symptoms as if I was highly anxious though there were no reasons to feel so. Last night the feeling of my heart had moved from my chest into my throat became extremely uncomfortable and it just hit me that this might be a HBP (I also had a headache for the last 4 days).
Jumped on the car and drove to the nearest pharmacy and used their BP machine - 140/100 !!! I bought a BP meter and have been monitoring my BP - 125 - 140 / 87 - 100.

Nothing alarming but rather unusual! Doctors don't seem to acknowledge any connection. I'll be seeing my doctor as soon as my flu symptoms subside. I have the hunch that my HBP will be gone by that time.

Old 11-09-2010, 03:35 AM   #4
(male)

gaurav123go HB User

I also have the same symtoms...

had severe cold. then came the headache.
did not take any medicine. Generally checked the BP and it was 140/95. I have normal BP otherwise. Hope it comes back to normal.

Closed Thread