It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
(female)

tlw1976 HB User
Overwhelmed with Dash Diet--help please!!!!

I have had HBP for a couple of years and have just recently decided that I want to lower my BP without meds. So, looking into the dash and low sodium guidelines has overwhelmed me completely and scared me. Too difficult, complicated--but I still want to do it. Has anyone followed this plan or any other plan and lowered their BP to where meds weren't necessary anymore?

Old 11-17-2009, 06:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Overwhelmed with Dash Diet--help please!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlw1976 View Post
I have had HBP for a couple of years and have just recently decided that I want to lower my BP without meds.
If you have unhealthy high blood pressure levels due to Metabolic Dysfunction, then you night always need medications like Ace Inhibitors, or Beta Blockers, or Calcium Channel Blockers, to help block the effects of Metabolic Dysfunction.

Quote:
So, looking into the dash and low sodium guidelines has overwhelmed me completely and scared me. Too difficult, complicated--but I still want to do it.
I posted a thread back in 2004 in which we discussed the effects of a modified dash like diet, called an Insulin Resistance Diet, and it's effect on high blood pressure.

If you would care to read it, here is the title: Does an "Insulin Resistance" diet improve blood pressure? and here is the link: http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=242229

Many high blood pressure fellow members have fought the diet struggle, and are more than willing to chime in with their own experiences. Just be patient!

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread