It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2009, 02:44 PM   #1
(female)

junie mae HB User
When should I go to the doctor with low blood pressure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsfai View Post
Goodness,
I have the opposite problem. My normal BP is b/w 90/50 and 100/60! When I was in labour it went up to 120/80...the midwives didnt beleive that it was high until my obgyn walked in....LOL
J

Do you do anything "special" for your low blood pressure? I have the same problem; normal for me is 90/60. Here lately I have been feeling very tired and am wondering if I need to see a doctor. I live on the road full time in an RV and am not near my primary care doctor.

Last edited by mod-anon; 12-30-2009 at 06:53 PM. Reason: starting a new thread with this post.

Old 01-01-2010, 07:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB User
Re: When should I go to the doctor with low blood pressure?

Hi Junie Mae,

90/60 is considered the cut off of low blood pressure. If it goes lower and you feel very dizzy or lightheaded you may want to see a doctor. Feeling tired is also a sign of low blood pressure. Sometimes mine drops into the 90/50's but my doc told me not to worry as long as I don't have any side effects from it. When it gets low, try laying down on the floor and putting your legs up on a wall, it will increase your blood pressure and also make sure you are getting enough water intake.

Missy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2010, 02:23 AM   #3
(female)

curiousk HB User

My BP has dropped to 90/50 several times, and I find that salt helps me so much. I don't have any reason to limit my salt, so I use it in abundance to keep my BP up. I think there is something called diastolic heart failure (DHF, as opposed to CHF with high BP) that is being paid attention to more now. I've heard of a test called Impedance Cardiograph, which is very simple and involves about 20-30 minutes of readings taken in a very specific manner, while lying down, then sitting, then standing. Results should be read by a cardiologist.

Treatment is different than CHF. I think it has something to do with the pumping of the blood INTO the heart instead of out of it.

A google search should turn up the lab that makes the machine to test for it; the toll free number can take your ZIPCODE and tell you where to get the test in your area. I know several people who have taken the test, with positive results. OH! just remembered name of company or machine: BioZ... Also that pressure stockings help a lot!

Last edited by curiousk; 01-06-2010 at 02:25 AM. Reason: To add name of company

Old 01-30-2010, 09:58 PM   #4
(female)

star_light221 HB User

my friend is 62 year old and has emphysemia and low blood pressure her b/p can go as low as 90 over 50.she also has curved spine,she suffers from what she calls blown out heads ,unable to think or carry a conversation and can fall asleep if she stays sitting for too long, her doctor does not seem very concerned

Old 02-01-2010, 12:07 AM   #5
(female)

Teacupforme HB UserTeacupforme HB User

Hi Junie,

I think anytime we are not feeling well or chronically tired may merit a doctor's visit. It probably is nothing to worry about, but a check up can't hurt.

Good Luck

Closed Thread