It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2010, 03:41 PM   #16
(male)

ludykriz HB User
Re: worried about my blood pressure..

thanks.. i think its good not to worry about it but i dunno i am just a worrier by nature.. so this morning i woke up and it was 119/70.. perfect but when i got home its been bouncing around 140-150/80-90.... so is it normal to have days like these? i mean how often does my BP have to be 150/90 before i consider treatment? also at 28 years old should i be worried? i could go to the doctors but i am very nervous when i do.. sometimes after i walk its up there 140-150/80-90.. and i sit down and within 10 minutes it gets down to 130/75.. but today it didnt.. it stayed up there.. sometimes i just wish i would have studied medicine so i would know

Last edited by mod-anon; 03-18-2010 at 01:02 AM. Reason: removed quote

Old 03-17-2010, 04:43 PM   #17
(female)

Ms_T HB UserMs_T HB User

I totally understand what you are going through worrying about your bp all the time. I have been there. I think it would help you to google the definition of resting blood pressure. You said in your last post that after walking around your pressure is 135-150/80-90 but if you were just walking and then you sit down and immediately take your pressure that isn't resting. Your resting blood pressure should average 120/80 or below. I don't know the exact time frame but I believe resting blood pressure means after sitting quietly for ten minutes. I know if I sit down and take it immediately it will be ten or even more points higher than if I wait a few minutes and take it.
Focus on resting blood pressure, it is normal for it to fluctuate during or immediately following activity. Good luck with the worrying, it's hard to deal with I know.
Ivy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2010, 06:22 PM   #18
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User

You only need to worry if your BP is consistantly raised while you're relaxed and resting

The fact that it goes up when you have been doing somthing doesnt matter at all.

You dont have a problem my friend, you BP is fine. You only need treatment if your BP is persistantly high, that is, always over say 140/90 or there abouts.

You should put your energy into positive health rather than worrying about illness - start taking vitamin supplements, go for a 30 minute walk every day, take up yoga, there are so many possabilities!

If you get tense before doctors appointments, and think you are giving false high readings, "halter monitoring", where you wear a monitor, and it takes your BP every half hour for 24 hours can help - it doesnt give false high readings because you are in the doctors room and tense.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:03 PM   #19
(male)

ludykriz HB User

yeah its crazy... i think i might be stressing now.. i dunno.. i slept for like 4 hours and i woke up and it was like 130/104 and then minutes later 130/75.. i took about 4-5 more readings and little by little it became 130/90 the last reading.. so last night when i got home it didnt drop below 140/80 and that was my resting BP.. okay and before i could finish this post i checked again 131/81.. hehehe i think i am becoming obsessed with taking my BP reading..

Old 03-18-2010, 01:32 AM   #20
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User

Take your BP monitor, put it in a cupboard, and dont take it out for 2 weeks.

Seriously, it isnt healthy. Would you give your self 15 colonoscopys a day just to see whats happening up there?

Old 04-04-2010, 02:33 AM   #21
(male)

ludykriz HB User
dizziness? low bp? high bp?

hello all.. i have posted here before about having high blood pressure now i am going to post a question regarding low bp? just few days ago i went to a doctor got checked out and she said everything is normal. i been posting about high blood pressure.. this morning when i woke up instantly when opening my eyes i felt as if my bed was sideways i jumped back in shock and realized that everything is normal. when i looked up the ceeling was spinning for a second two.. i felt fatigue, and the need to drink water. well after i drank some coca cola i felt fine.. such thing happened once in my lifetime about 5 months ago.. it was much worse.. everything spinning every 15 minutes.. i ended up throwing up and had diarrhea. i was told it was low blood pressure so eating chocolate would help out.. so thats what i did and it stopped all of the above.. i forgot to mention this episode to my doctor when i got checked out on friday.. should i be worried? i dont have the bp machine to take my bp because i am away from home for easter but my bp varies.. usually when i wake up its 117/69 .. 79... sometimes at night it could be high 145/85.. anyhow some feedback would be great!

Old 04-04-2010, 06:46 AM   #22
(male)

ludykriz HB User

just few days ago i went to a doctor got checked out and she said everything is normal. this morning when i woke up instantly when opening my eyes i felt as if my bed was sideways i jumped back in shock and realized that everything is normal. when i looked up the ceeling was spinning for a second two.. i felt fatigue, and the need to drink water. well after i drank some coca cola i felt fine.. such thing happened once in my lifetime about 5 months ago.. it was much worse.. everything spinning every 15 minutes.. i ended up throwing up and had diarrhea. i was told it was low blood pressure so eating chocolate would help out.. so thats what i did and it stopped all of the above.. i forgot to mention this episode to my doctor when i got checked out on friday.. should i be worried? i dont have the bp machine to take my bp because i am away from home for easter but my bp varies.. usually when i wake up its 117/69 .. 79... sometimes at night it could be high 145/85.. anyhow some feedback would be great!

Old 04-04-2010, 07:15 AM   #23
Senior Veteran
(female)

zekat HB User

Your blood pressure is supposed to vary during the day. At this point it sounds like you are having an OCD episode over your blood pressure (I've been there, and know what it is like.). There is absolutely NO reason to allow worry over your blood pressure to control so much of your thought process. You should talk to your doctor about treatment for obsessive thinking.

Back to fluctuating blood pressure, I had a stress test last year and they record your blood pressure as your walk. At the peak of my test, where I was working the hardest, my BP was 196/80 (or something similar) and that was within the normal range for that amount of exercise. BP goes UP with activity. At 60 seconds after the test, it was 140/95. Both were considered "normal". Within 3 minutes, my numbers were back in a resting range 122/79. I bring this up to illustrate the point that blood pressure varies. Take your average BP over time, and move on.

Last edited by zekat; 04-04-2010 at 07:16 AM.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:23 AM   #24
(male)

ludykriz HB User

thanks.. yeah i have been taking my bp and writing it down.. its been normal.. and i even put away the bp reader... i stopped thinking about it.. but before just like you within 5 minutes my bp went from high to normal. but i was lil shocked this morning when this happened.. i gotta say been under little pressure at work.. it only happened 2 times in my life when i woke up and everything was spinning so i am lil curious.

Closed Thread