It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2010, 01:56 PM   #1
(male)

kirkatis HB User
how long does it take norvasc to work

how long does it take norvasc to work

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2010, 12:10 PM   #2
(male)

stin HB User
Re: how long does it take norvasc to work

I been taking it for 2 months now.I went from Lisinapril 20mg and hydrochlorothiazide 25mg to 10mg norvasc.I believe my blood pressure is OK but my feet and ankles are swelling up.I don't like that at all.I was supposed to go back to the doctor after 1st month but they canceled me and bumped me up to next month.Watch your feet and ankles,calf's to.Mine have swelled more on my right than my left.
stin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2010, 12:45 PM   #3
(male)

kirkatis HB User

Thanx for the input, I have been on it for a week now and my bp is a lot better. I will definately look out for the swelling. So far so good. I hope it stays this way.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:27 PM   #4
(male)

Dynaverse HB User

Norvasc works almost right away when you take it. But in order to hold you for a long amount of time it takes a few days to build up in your system.

I wouldnt recommend it though, just go on some micardis if you can. Norvasc causes a ridicules amount of problems even in small amounts. Im taking 2.5 norvasc and im getting off it soon. It caused Bradycardia in my case and more anxiety. At times my blood pressure went to 99/58! I would highly not recommend this drug.

Closed Thread