It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2010, 02:05 PM   #1
(female)

amg2 HB User
I'm only 20

I have recently found out that i have high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I'm a very active college student. I have a healthy diet and work out 2 to 3 days a week from 45 minutes to an hour. Why is it that my blood pressure and cholesterol is high?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2010, 03:09 AM   #2
(male)

robust HB User
Re: I'm only 20

amg2 - I am not an expert but there can be several reasons. Most commonly, it could be hereditary (if it is in your family from either side). I have seen quite many young and athletic people who have cholestrol and blood pressure problems. Don't let it push you into depression, what is most important is that you have discovered it well in time. Focus on maintaining a healthy lifestyle, and keep yourself happy and occupied. I wish you all the best.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2010, 04:21 PM   #3
(female)

anneh HB Useranneh HB User
Re: I'm only 20

what was your bp reading? Was more than one reading taken and/or were you advised to get an Omron monitor and take it at home? No self respecting doctor would put someone your age on drugs that cause bad side effects. You can easily get your cholesterol down with proper diet, drink lots of pure water instead of sodas etc to make sure you are hydrated. Read Dr Stephen Sinatra's book on hbp (get at library) follow his advice. When these problems are said to be hereditary it usually means you have inherited same dietary habits and you can change all that yourself. Your body does not have a blood pressure drug and cholesterol drug deficiency but it may have a deficiency of clean water/fruits/vegetables and too much of fried/artificial/crappy food and liquids Walking 30mins a day is the best work out btw. anneh

Last edited by mod-anon; 04-08-2010 at 11:26 PM. Reason: removed quote

Closed Thread