It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2010, 04:34 PM   #1
(female)

brebre HB User
Blood Pressure Not working

I am just at a loss. I am on
Coreg 25 mg twice
Hydralzine 25 mg twice
Clondine 0.1 mg twice
Indur 30mg twice

My blood pressure after morning meds is around 130/63 and it gets higher and higher until around 7pm it is 170/88.
I have CHF, Cardiomyapathy and Insulin Resistance. My heart will never heal with numbers like this. I go see my doctor on Wednesday.
I am not eating any carbohydrates, I am taking magnesium and coenzyme.
My current medications are killing me especially the Coreg. I dont know if I can tolerate any more meds. Maybe I am on the wrong meds. I just don't know what to do. Although I am 40lbs overweight with all of weight in my abdomen, I have lost 15 lbs with no noticeable benefit in my blood pressure.
With all the weakness, I am going to try and walk.

Old 07-13-2010, 12:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Blood Pressure Not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by brebre View Post
I am not eating any carbohydrates, I am taking magnesium and coenzyme.
In order for the digestive system to function properly meals have to be balanced. The digestive system doesn't work well unless all three calories groups are represented in our meals. The most commonly recommended balance is 50% Carbs, 20% Protein and 30% fats.

Heart Failure patients have the additional problem, in that our metabolism has problems handling any kind of calories, so we must significantly limit the amount of calories we get in any one meal, and for the day; or suffer progression of the disease, and the nasty effects on our health.

I take my blood pressure an average of 7 times per day. If my blood pressure averages start going higher, I know that either I am consuming too many calories, or that I have come into contact with an irritant that effects blood pressure. If my higher blood pressure is due to too many calories in my diet, I decrease the calories and in almost all cases, my blood pressure averages go back to very healthy levels.

I am constantly struggling with my diet. I always want to eat more! Frequently, and for brief periods, I increase the size and calories in my diet, only to see my blood pressure averages go up and my Heart Failure symptoms get worse.

My meals are too small for me! Buts..... I don't write the rules, I just follow them, based on my blood pressure averages. As long as I stick to a small meal, low calorie, frequent eating quality diet, my blood pressure averages not only remain low, but my disease symptoms get better and I feel better.

Quote:
My current medications are killing me especially the Coreg.
I can understand your problems with Coreg.

You are on 25mg twice per day. I just tried to increase my Coreg from 6.25mg to 12.5mg, in order to get more benefit from this miracle medication. Buts...... I just couldn't hack the side effects of slow, weak heartbeat, weakness and lethargy, so I have gone back to 6.25mg.

Quote:
I dont know if I can tolerate any more meds. Maybe I am on the wrong meds.
If your metabolism is out of balance and dysfunctional, all of the drugs, chemicals, supplements, etc., will only have limited value. Blood Pressure medications just don't work well with a dysfunctional metabolism.

My average blood pressure for all of 2008, based on 2543 readings, was 122/72 --- for all of 2009 was 124/72 based on 2682 readings --- and so far for 2010 is 120/70 for 691 readings. The ONLY blood pressure medication that I am on is Coreg 6.25mg. I am toying with the idea of stopping the Coreg altogether because I feel that the most powerful medication for my blood pressure and overall health is DIET.

Quote:
I just don't know what to do. Although I am 40lbs overweight with all of weight in my abdomen, I have lost 15 lbs with no noticeable benefit in my blood pressure.
As long as the metabolism is dysfunction due to lack of a very healthy, balanced diet, the blood pressure will suffer and the patient will experience limited and erratic results.

Following is a chart of my blood pressure from 1998 thru 2010. If you notice the times when my blood pressure averages started going up, it was always caused by my increasing the size of my meals and the number of calories in my meals and for the day.

When I reduced the size of my meals, and lowered calories, my blood pressure averages went back down.

Of particular notice is the time period of March 2009 thru November 2009. I got off my diet, prior to March 2009. As of March 2009, I got back on my diet. Notice that my blood pressure averages slowly went back down, from March thru November. Getting back on diet improved my blood pressure, but the results came very slowly, month after month. It seems to take our body and our metabolism quite a while to recover from an improper diet.

Chart showing monthly blood pressure averages, 1998-2010.

Chart Monthly BP edited.jpg

I have no medical education or training, so, of course, anything I post is just anecdotal and based just on my own personal experiences and guess-work.

Best of luck and health to you, and I hope that your doctors can quickly improve your Heart Failure and A-Fib health problems!

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Last edited by Machaon; 07-13-2010 at 03:54 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2010, 07:25 AM   #3
(female)

brebre HB User

How do you fix a dysfuntional metabolism?

Old 07-13-2010, 09:07 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

The first of several steps towards fixing a dysfunctional metabolism is through diet.

A healthy balanced diet is the best "medicine" available, for any health problem, and has amazing curative effects.

However, for someone with Heart Failure, and some other Chronic Diseases, a normally healthy balanced diet has too many calories and the meals are not small enough.

Heart Failure causes the metabolism to have difficulties metabolizing calories. So...... the Heart Failure patient must limit diet to frequent, small, low calorie meals; the small meal size also being less stressful to the weakened heart.

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Closed Thread