It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2010, 11:45 PM   #1
(male)

twm1036 HB User
High Blood Pressure or what?

Dear All,

HI, I am 25 year old Male, who may or may not have high BP..That I dont know. I make it simple and I need feedback.....I am a very good runner, atehlietic, active sport person weighing only 55kg and am 160cm tall.
I exercise 4-5 times a week in the gym.

Before I was on meidcation, my BP flucuated alot. 120-190/70-90. Then I went to a doctor, and he put me on 'short life sentence' saying that he wants to put me on meds for 1 month.

I am a very anxius person and get anxius for the slightest of thing. Anything can raise my anxiety to a critical state, just even taking Blood Pressure Reading or even thinking about it. Whether in doctor or not in doctor.

For the 1st week I was put on 2.5mg Norvasc + 40mg Proponolol Beta Blocker for 1 week + 2.5mg Xanax. BP still flucuated around 110-140/70-80.
He initally removed the Proponolol and Xanax, and now ask me to monitor with just the Norvasc 2.5mg once a day

From 2nd week till today, I have taken 3 readings per time per day. First reading, always high 150+/82, then a minute later it goes down to 135/80 then drops to 125/70 then lower.........Does this case consder as being high blood. I am on 2.5 mg Norvasc.

I did get couple of high reading whilst taking at home but it went back down to normal within a few readings. 180/80 (after running 1km back home to collect some items I left at home from work) then a couple of readings later went down to 125/70 (within 5 mins).

With the 2.5mg Norvasc im taking, the bP flucates alot within 5 mins of reading. As mentioned 150 then 130+ then 120+/80. MY BP can go down to normal range after 3 readings but does it mean I have BP ?

I do not see many effect in Norvasc but if there is no effetc, I do nto want to take NOrvasc anymore..

I am definetly a hypocondric as this high anxiety about BP have distracted my daily routine for the pass few months already.

SOmeone please hlp

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2010, 07:09 AM   #2
(male)

jeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB User
Re: High Blood Prssure or what?

BP fluctuates continuously, I am in a clinical trial and there they take 3 measurements separated by 2 minutes and take the average of them. You have to consider that if your BP is normal with medication, might be different if you stop the medication.

Old 08-23-2010, 02:30 AM   #3
(male)

twm1036 HB User

thanks for the reply....

How much does yours flucatue within the eevery 2 minutes interval?...My can flucaute like 10 to 20 points every readign I take..

Is yours as crazy as mine?

Are you on any medicatioN??

Old 08-23-2010, 12:59 PM   #4
(male)

jeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB User

How much it fluctuates it depends mainly on what I have done during the 15-30 minutes before taking it.

Yes, fluctuations of 20 points, even more, are NOT unusual.

Yes, I had a MI and I are on heavy medication, Betabloker, ACE Inhibitor and Renina Inhibitor....

Read carefully a good instructions on "HOW TO MEASURE BP" .... you will see that is not that easy... as I said it varies continuously and many things influence it ... position, arm, previous exercise, anxiety/relax, time of the day, digestion, fullness of the bladder .... if you really want to monitor it, you need to take it in the same situation every day.

Old 08-23-2010, 03:12 PM   #5
(male)

ceeJay HB User

HEY twm, I understand what your going through I am 26 with high blood pressure. I am on 20mg of lisinopril and my pressure flucuates horribly. Yesterday I was at 96/50 then 130/80 then 145/85.its all over, just keep monitoring it. The fire dept. will check it for free if you want to bring your cuff over there to make sure it is working properly. Hope this helps.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:30 PM   #6
(male)

ofacto HB User

You should sit still for about 5 minutes before taking your blood pressure. If you've been moving around your heart rate will be higher and so will your blood pressure. Waiting will also alleviate some of the anxiety you feel right before taking your blood pressure. Also its normal for blood pressure to be higher in the morning, so that is another thing to take into consideration.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:44 PM   #7
(male)

twm1036 HB User

Dear All,

Thanks for your reply. I went back after 1 month to see my cardiologist. Now, despite the pressure being on a high side (with 2.5mg Norvasc) + before appointment I did a good gym work out + 0.25 Xanax + a glass of fresh orange juice = my pressure was 140/80 at the clininc.

My docotr said its def not high bp and has refered me to a Psychratist and diagnose me with Anxiety Neurosis + Psycosomatic.

So I am really confused now....

Closed Thread