It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2010, 02:14 PM   #1
(male)

JetEngineCom HB User
Question Diastolic higher in morning -- sleep problem?

My diastolic tends to be higher in the morning than late in the evening and seems to be triggered by some kind of sleep disorder. I have asked my wife whether i snore, whether i stop breathing for short bursts during the night or whether i sleep on my back and she has answered negative to all the scenarios which appears to rule out sleep apnea - is there another reason why my diastolic would shoot up when i sleep? I have very active dreams and will always most likely be thinking about a business problem when i wake. I also rarely sleep beyond 5 hours.

There is lots of potassium and magnesium rich foods in my diet ie bananas, carrots, watermelon, tomatoes,avocado etc. I don't have sugar, salt, caffeine, tea or alcohol in my diet. Normally i would have only 1 meal per day but i am not sure if this qualifies as a low calorie regime. The doctor doesn't think i should loose more weight as i would go below my ideal BMI.

Please share any experiences on how i can keep my diastolic low during sleep and early in the morning.

Thanks.

Last edited by mod-anon; 09-26-2010 at 09:11 PM. Reason: starting a new thread with this post.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:00 PM   #2
(male)

jeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB User
Re: Diastolic higher in morning -- sleep problem?

What does your Dr. says?? Has he monitored you during a 24H period?? Are you aware that BP change over the day and usually has a peak in the early hours of the morning? This is normal and is the reason why many MI happen in those hours. Also immediately after weak up there is another peak ...

As far as your style of life, it seems a bit crazy and not the best for your health. There are studies that indicate that less than 7H sleep a day, increases the risk of arteries calcification. Also a single meal a day will makes you to have a big peak of glucose and the starve the rest of the day.

By the way, vivid dreams is not the problem, I have them every night and my diastolic rarely is over 70. If you get anxiety in your dreams, this might be a problem.

Good Luck.

Jesus

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2010, 11:01 PM   #3
(male)

JetEngineCom HB User

Jrueda - thanks so much for sharing. What is an MI?

Okay, the doctor says the same thing you just told me ie that BP peaks in the early hours of the morning - is there some scientific reason for this? It seems to be counter-intuitive that pressure should peak when you are most rested.

My eating habit of one meal per day has been like that for years - indeed virtually all my adult life. Do you think that changing this pattern could have a significant impact? Indeed could this be the cause of my high diastolic? On average i dont feel my dreams cause me anxiety so i think i will rule that out based on your experiences.

My biggest problem currently is that low number on sleeping hours. I am well aware that it is not ideal and have tried everything to extend them with absolutely no success. I sleep with no electronics in the room, there are no flickering battery charging lights on anywhere close to me when i sleep, i close all doors so that i dont hear the humming of say refrigirators, no laptops are left in sleep mode, plus my house is in a very quiet place so i am not disturbed by traffic - still no success. If there some tried and test non-drug intervention i can use to help i will take it - i know i am not patient enough for yoga and exercise is not working but i was hoping there may be some bio-feed back gadget out there that can help.

There is the issue of taking more milk so that the calcium can help to go to sleep - however the whole milk thing seems to be controversial (plus i have tried it and it doesnt work for me) even though i cannot seem to find robust scientific articles on why this is the case.

Old 09-28-2010, 05:27 AM   #4
(male)

jeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB User

<edited>

No, I do not think that your only meal has anything to do with your BP.

If you want to sleep more you can try several things.
1) This has been always your case or is just since you live in that particular place?. If so it can be that you have energies in the earth that you are not aware of... eg: flow of underground water... I do not know it you can get some one to measure the EM field in your place.
2) Melatonine, sold as a dietetic complement, might help.
3) Some times I wake up and it is difficult to regain the sleep, then I use an homehopatic remedy called "Zaluzianskya capensis 1000k" and works for me.
4) And of course, you can take sleep pills that your Dr can prescribe.

Good luck

Jesus

Last edited by mod-anon; 09-28-2010 at 07:05 AM.

Closed Thread