It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2001, 11:50 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

arkie6 HB User
BP, how low is too low?

I've got a question for the forum, how low is too low for bloodpressure readings? Mine consistently runs 105-115 over 60-65. I feel fine. My moms BP runs 100-140 over 50-60, but she is on bloodpressure medicine. Her lowest readings are in the morning and highest readings are in the evening.

Alan

Old 07-10-2001, 05:01 AM   #2

Speedgal HB User
Re: BP, how low is too low?

Those readings are fine. Too low is when you start passing out every time you stand up. The body rights itself! But if that sort of thing starts happening you need to get it checked.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2001, 09:44 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

arkie6 HB User

Checked my bloodpressure again yesterday and it was a consistent 95-98 over 58-62. I checked it three times with an Omron (I think that's the name) home bloodpressue checker. That sure seems low. My mom checked hers right after I finished and hers was 140/65, so it does not appear the machine is too far out of calibration. Not sure what to make of this. I'm also running a low basal body temperature of about 96.8 degrees (normal is 97.8-98.2) which indicates low thyroid output, but blood TSH tests say it's in the normal range. Not sure what if any thing needs to be done at this point other than continued monitoring.

Alan

Old 08-01-2001, 07:22 AM   #4

Ken HB User

If you feel fine, then a lower blood pressure is to your advantage.

Blood pressure in most people is higher in the morning and lower in the evening so you are a typical person.

If the person you indicate was not taking their medication, then it would probably be 140/90 or higher which, on a consistant basis, is considered high blood pressure.

Your physical activity will also have a bearing on your blood pressure.

Doctors recommended that when you take your blood pressure it should be at about the same time every day. You should be at complete rest, and you should take it at that sitting at least twice. By the way, your BP does vary from minute to minute. You will usually find the second reading at a sitting to be slightly lower than the first.

Ken

------------------

Closed Thread