It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2000, 10:34 AM   #1

kdeese HB User
Can't seem to control my High Blood Pressure

HI, My blood pressure runs about 150/100 on the average. It runs higher if I am stressed out at work. Last week it was 174/110. My doctor has put me on Vasotec to take at night. But with all the news about HBP medicine causing strokes and heart attacks I am very skeptical about taking any kind of HBP medicine. I have read where Magnesium,garlic,Taurine,Vitamin C, Calcuim and B complex lowers HBP in conjunction with walking 30 min. a day. I have tried that over the last 6 months and some days it will go down to around 132/92 but goes back up later in the week. I am 35 years old and in ggood health. I just cant understand it. Does anyone else have a idea on how I can lower mu HBP with out drugs. I have prayed and I do believe God can heal me.

Kenny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2000, 03:18 PM   #2

John HB User
Re: Can't seem to control my High Blood Pressure

Hi Ken. In addition to aerobic exercise at least 3 times per week (more if possible) for at least 30 minutes, try a low salt/fat diet, try to lose weight, and reduce stress. I am doing the above and also trying acupuncture, which seems to be working for me personally. My B.P. has dropped from 140/90+ to 120/80 for my last reading. I am determined to stay off drugs. Good luck.

- John

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2000, 02:03 PM   #3

Gemini7 HB User

KDeese, I had a load of trouble with bp meds. Changed the quality of my life. I decided to research alternative means. Have been successful in keeping it within bounds with garlic tabs, vitamin E and Hawthorne capsules. I use one of these forms each day. Along with this, I watch salt carefully. No adding while cooking and a sprinkle at the table(small sprinkle) I would advise you to work with your doctor and let him know what you are going to do. Do not stop medication he(or she) prescribed without telling him(her)I was 180/100 at one time. Now down to 130/70 most of the time. I must tell you also---I started exercising at least 3 days a week--walking, aerobics,(light) or weights(barbells). Good luck on your quest to be healthy without meds.

------------------
Gem

Old 12-19-2000, 10:07 PM   #4

Moon HB User

I know that if you snore at night you are more likely to have high blood pressure. If you snore (and have high blood pressure) you are more likely to be overweight by a lot.

If you lose weight and get plenty of deep sleep (without snoring) eat better, and work with your doctor to get the medication that will work for you, you will feel much better.

I don't think any one thing will work by itself. But once you understand all the possible causes and determine which are the ones that you might be dealing with, then you are in a better position to fight. Never stop you HBP medication without your doctor's approval. High Blood pressure can kill you DEAD! Or worse...

Old 01-03-2001, 09:44 PM   #5

CM7 HB User

I beat high blood pressure. After a sinus cold that didn't go away for 2 months i got a headache and was diagnosed with high blood pressure. It was 155 over 100. Now with out drugs it is 115 to 130 over 70 to 85 depending on the time i take it. I was given 10mg of monopril which lowered the pressure but also gave me hard to tolerate side effects including, sleeplessness, restless, depression,chest pain, pulsating pressure behind the eye etc. The drugs can be hard to tolerate and i recommend the book perscription alternatives and the health chapter of forbidden knowledge by darwin gross. Here's what worked for me.
1. Cut all white refined sugar and white flour from your diet.
2. Cut coffee & regular tea, even decaf, from your diet.
3. Eat bananas, apples and other fruit each day - at least 3. I try to eat 2 bananas and an apple between 9am - 12 each day.
4. Reduce deli meats with perservatives. Eat fish(tuna is ok salmon is better), celery and other vegetables
5. Important!!! Drink 3/4 to a gallon of steam distilled water a day.
6 vitamin/mineral/herbs -
vit c- 1000mg 4x per day
magnesium-500mg 2x per day
fish oils- 3-6-9 3x per day
lecithin- 1000mg 3x per day
hawthorne berry
cayenne
garlic - 1500mg at lunch
valerian can help you sleep better and it also lowers blood pressure
mushrooms - maitake and ****ake

get a good digital blood pressure monitor
and take your pressure 2-3 times per day. --i also began fasting for 20 -24 hours once each week. Cleaning out the system and putting good things into it has worked for me.
Good luck.

Old 01-04-2001, 05:24 PM   #6

Moon HB User

High blood pressure can kill you. In one case I know it paralysed a person on the right side.

Medications have been improved, you can now get prescription meds that don't affect the heart. (check out the old board and look for the alternatives that have the least side effects.)

I konw someone that was taking norvask and changed over to Monopril, it's working, don't know of any side effects to date. If there are there may be on an individual basis.

High blood pressure can do worse things than kill you, you could become a vegetable, trapped in your own body, alive on the inside and dead on the outside. Too alive to let go, but, not dead enough to forget you should've taken the blood pressure meds.

Life if full of choices...<p>[This message has been edited by Moon (edited 01-04-2001).]

Closed Thread