It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2001, 07:28 PM   #1

Shadylady25 HB User
Renovascular hypertension

Hi, I am looking for some information on renovascular hypertension and it's causes, effects, and treatments. I have been able to find a little bit of information here and there, but I am not satisfied with what I have found. It has been a long and stressful process being diagnosed but I finally see a little light at the end of the tunnel. I started out with severe headaches about 2 months ago and a blood pressure of 160/110. The doc decided to treat the hypertension itself with hydrochlorothiazide. That ended up putting me in the hospital with a severe potassium deficiency (bad reaction)and severely elevated blood pressure (210/140). Well, while in the hospital they ran some blood tests that showed me with an elevated renin level. I then went for an renal angiogram which showed "bilateral renal artery fibromuscular dysplasia". Wow, what a mouthful!!! I am 34 years old with no history of ANY serious health problems. I am just looking for some info so that I can be informed when I go to see the nephrologist in 2 weeks. I would appreciate any help that anyone can give me. Thanks!

Old 05-19-2001, 02:24 AM   #2

Speedgal HB User
Re: Renovascular hypertension

I just did a search and came up with heaps. Use <A HREF="http://www.***********" TARGET=_blank>www.***********</A> and type in
"renovascular hypertension"
Be sure to use the "" marks.

Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread