It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2001, 04:35 PM   #1

Wakeup Maggie HB User
Does Atenolol Cause Headaches? Or is it high BP

Hi Everyone, Does anyone know if atenolol causes headaches? I didn't have headaches when my high blood pressure was very high and I didn't know it, but now that I'm taking atenolol, I have a headache every day. Is it the atenolol, or is it my blood pressure? Drs. office said it is my blood pressure still being up, but I didn't have any headaches before starting the medication and it was even higher then. Any help is greatly appreciated. This is frustrating! Thanks.

Old 11-19-2001, 06:04 PM   #2
(male)

Zack HB User
Re: Does Atenolol Cause Headaches? Or is it high BP

Headaches can certainly be a side effect of atenolol. You could discuss with your doctor a switch to another class of hypertensive medication and see if the headaches disappear. Better would be to get off atenolol for a week or so and see if the headaches stop -- then u know for sure it's the meds. Of course don't stop atenolol abruptly without consulting your doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2001, 11:33 PM   #3

Speedgal HB User
Re: Does Atenolol Cause Headaches? Or is it high BP

I have no experience of that particular drug but many BP meds can cause headaches, lethargy and all sorts of side effects. Fortunately there are a whole range of different meds and I suggest you go back to your doc and ask for a change of med. Good luck!

Closed Thread