It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2002, 09:21 PM   #1

lkd8225 HB User
attacks of severe bp at 240/120

I started having attacks of very severe high blood pressure about a year ago, average attack 230/120. Twice 260/150. I am so lucky I have not had an stroke or heart attack. Anyway. They have run test for pheochromocytoma 3 or 4 test which turned up nothing. I have the symtoms. Sudden headache in the top of my head and then back, a sudden urge to urinate every 5 minutes, sweating, vomiting. Once I had my lungs fill up with fluid. At the ER out of 10 ER times, twice they couldn't get it to come down they had to go to a nitoglycrin drip. I was hospitalized 4 times, once for a week. They ran cat scans of abdomen and brain. I do have a cyst on my adrenal gland that more than one doctor has said it is just a cyst and not a pheo. After putting me on strong doses of Toprol and clonidine 3 times a day. I had been stable for a year. Now it is starting again, they added Lotrel 40 mg. with the clonidine and Toprol. I am now experiencing tremors in both eye lids sometimes together, sometimes both hands and arms have tremors, and in bed I experience my whole body spasm once before I go to sleep about 3 times a week. This last blood test for pheo.I just got back which my family doctor ran showed my catecholamines Norepinephine plasma as 206, normal range 0-399. Epinephrine plasma was 162 pg/ml, normal range 0-99 and my dopamine pl. was <10, pg/ml normal range 0-642. I don't think my new doctor is telling me right for he said they were okay. Well the lab wrote (Unable to to calculate result since non-numeric result obtained for component test. Does anyone out there have any idea what is happening to me. Tell me what to do and I will try to get it done. I am out of idea's. I am 51 and I had a hysterectomy 12 years ago so it ain't menopause. Linda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2002, 08:52 AM   #2
Inactive

Jerseygirl HB User
Re: attacks of severe bp at 240/120

Don't know if you'd still be checking this post being that it was postd weeks ago, but my mom was having a problem like that, except not as severe - but I was just wondering if before these attacks you had taken any kind of medication, like Advil or something similiar? How about any kind of steroids? After my mom had a shot in her foot for heel spur pain, her blood pressure shot up for several days, then when she was taking Advil, it went way up again.

Closed Thread