It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2011, 05:18 PM   #1
(female)

Smudgelady HB User
Widely Fluctuating Blood Pressure

I am 57 and all m y life I have had 118/70 blood pressure. For the past 2 months I have had flank pain on the left side, and my blood pressure is so out of whack. 161 one day, then went for a stress test and it was 104. Next day 141, next day 112. From high to low in one day. Is there something that causes blood pressure to be all over the place after being normal all my life? Please help, thanks. I had EKG and stress test and all was normal. Thanks.

Old 11-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #2
(male)

waterwillow HB User
Re: Widely Fluctuating Blood Pressure

Hi Smudgely, I am having similar BP difficulies at the minute. How did it all turn out. Did you ever get a diagnosis and more importantly how are you now.

Wish you well

David

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2012, 02:16 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

JeffUK HB UserJeffUK HB UserJeffUK HB UserJeffUK HB User

Hi David,

Don't think you need be too concerned about fluctuating BP per se ... but I guess the key thing is to see if it fluctuates wildly when you take your BP after you've been at rest for some time and if it is consistently very high. If not - fluctuating BP is as it should be.

Good luck.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:55 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

David, what kinds of blood pressure fluctuations are you experiencing?

Blood pressure is normally lower during the morning hours and slowly increases throughout the day. If you have a healthy blood pressure, it should not be above 130/80 at rest.

Blood pressures about 130/80 indicate an unhealthy metabolism in one's body, which can be improved via healthier diet and physical exercise. If improved diet and exercise doesn't bring one's blood pressure down to healthy levels, then blood pressure medications, with the possibility of unpleasant side effects, should be considered.

I have no medical training or education. My opinion is based on my own research and the fact that I cured my own chronic high blood pressure problems after taking my blood pressure 32,000 times over 12 years of chronically high blood pressure. I took elaborate records over those frustrating 12 years and slowly figured out what was causing my unhealthy blood pressure levels. I find that, if I keep my average blood pressure down to around 122/72 all day long, 24 hours per day, 12 months per year, I experience significant improvements in my Heart Failure and Diabetes 2 and Permanent Atrial Fibrillation and overall good health.

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Last edited by Machaon; 11-28-2012 at 10:31 AM.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:38 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

For more information about my experiences with curing my own many years of chronic high blood pressure, please refer to my threads:

My diet- most effective "medication" for my Blood Pressure, CHF & Insulin Resistance!

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/high-low-blood-pressure/849589-my-diet-most-effective-medication-my-blood-pressure-chf-insulin-resistance.html

... and ...

24 hour Blood Pressure averages, when too high, and then finally when healthy!

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/high-low-blood-pressure/890495-24-hour-blood-pressure-averages-when-too-high-then-finally-when-healthy.html

I have absolutely no medical training or education. My posts represent the views of a peer, who is a very happy fellow patient , who has a very healthy blood pressure 24 hours each and every day.

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Last edited by Machaon; 11-28-2012 at 10:40 AM.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:55 AM   #6
(male)

waterwillow HB User

My interest in Smudges post was a curiosity as to how he had faired.

In relationship to myself the strong suspician by my neurologist that I have Lewy bodies can be the start of a dropping blood pressure as the brain neurons/messages do not get through to control blood pressure, eventually fainting and collapse at any time occurs.

I found the previous post very interesting and promoting any diet that can keep us healthy has to be considered.

Closed Thread