It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2011, 12:09 AM   #1
(male)

DWaters11 HB User
Highish BP and Chronic Sinusitis

After my third sinus infection in 6 months my doctor has recommended me to get a CT scan and seen an ENT doctor. I've also recently (within a month or so) recovered from a bout with the flu.

Each time I've been to the doctor's my bp has been a little high, most recently 130/80, and the highest I've had was 160/85 but that was only temporarily. I'm also experiencing mild chest discomfort I suppose is how I would describe it. Every now and then I get a little chest pain, but can't tell if it's anything serious because I have a high pain tolerance. I've noticed an increase in sweating (even just from walking to and from class, most notably in temperature changes such as going from outside to inside a building or classroom. I've also noticed a little extra muscle fatigue even when just walking up hills. In high school I played 2 sports a year for 4 years and am still in pretty good shape, going to the gym 3-4 times a week and running at least a mile per time. My heart rate normally rests around 54. I'm 6 foot, 205lbs, and 19 years old.

What can I expect from the CT scan and ENT? Since my last sinus infection I've had constant pressure around and behind my eyes, but with no other symptoms of another or under-treated sinus infection. The most unsettling part is the chest pains and the fatigue.

Last edited by DWaters11; 04-14-2011 at 12:30 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2011, 09:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Highish BP and Chronic Sinusitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWaters11 View Post
After my third sinus infection in 6 months my doctor has recommended me to get a CT scan and seen an ENT doctor.
I had frequent sinus infections for decades. I also had allergies. I also had chronically high blood pressure. I learned that, almost every time I had an allergic reaction which caused my sinuses to badly swell, I subsequently also got a sinus infection. At the same time, I've found that some of the same allergens that caused my sinuses to swell also caused higher blood pressure.

I went to many different ENTs, and had CT scans, and tests, and after decades of recurrent sinus infection misery I finally completely stopped my sinus infection nightmare (sinusitis), around 2002, and lowered my blood pressure by avoiding as many allergens and irritants as possible; and by healing the wounds within my sinuses and nasal passages (caused by previous infections), so that they would no longer be prone to infect.

If you'd care to take a look, I posted a thread, in the Sinus Problems subject, explaining what I did entitled: Infrequent Sinus Flooding with Peroxide & Baking Soda halted my infection nightmare

at the direct link: http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=139765

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Last edited by Machaon; 04-14-2011 at 09:21 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2011, 05:21 PM   #3
(female)

lisan24 HB User
Re: Highish BP and Chronic Sinusitis

I was just wondering if you ever got everything figured out DWaters. I am finding I am in a similar situation. Last school year I had sinus infection after sinus infection once fall hit until mid way through spring. I thought I had gotten rid of them once summer came since I have no symptoms other than the ones I figure are from allergies. But just had an MRI for migraines that showed that my sinuses are infected. I'm only 24 and when I went to my gp about headaches and fatigue she discovered my bp was 170/90 when I've never had issues with bp before. She didn't investigate, just prescribed bp meds but my allergist seems to be doing more. He found the infection and prescribed some heavy duty antibiotics (so I'm guessing this to mean that he thinks the infection is pretty bad). I'm going to be getting a CT scan in a few days, but I'm really hoping the bp will go down when the infection in taken care of. I'm just wondering if you saw any changes with your bp once your sinuses were taken care of.

Closed Thread