It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2011, 09:36 PM   #1
(male)

Kevo79 HB User
what does a hypertension headache feel like?

I'm being treated for hypertension, but I still get annoying, long-lasting headaches some days.
They are almost always on my right temple, and always a dull pressure rather than a sharp pain. It's like a one-sided vice-grip. It can sometimes get worse with physical activity, but often persists no matter what I am doing.
Should I be worried about an impending stroke or aneurysm?
I want to continue working out to improve my blood pressure/heart strength, and I always push myself hard for 30 minutes on the elliptical glider. Is this dangerous if I have a headache?

Old 04-19-2011, 08:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: what does a hypertension headache feel like?

How high is your BP and have you ever taken it at home after working out? If working out is too stressful on you it could cause your headaches. Every person is different with symptoms of a headache or any other illness. You would have to talk to your Dr. to see if maybe you need to slow it down some or not.

Take care...JJ...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2011, 05:20 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

atengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB User

how do you know these headaches are due to your hypertension?

Old 04-19-2011, 07:54 PM   #4
(male)

Kevo79 HB User

My bp can be as high as 160/90-plus when I'm stressed. I'm also being treated for anxiety disorder, so the headaches could just be stress-related. I tend to worry about any new symptoms I get.
My doctor says not to worry if I get a headache, as long as it doesn't get "too bad." Whatever that means? I guess I'm just not sure whether these are hypertension headaches or not...

Old 04-19-2011, 09:24 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Before having 4 strokes, I had massive crippling headaches, so be aware of that kind of headache and get yourself to a hospital if you are having one. The kind of headache that puts you on your knees, makes you ill, drives you mad.

Short of that, hypertension does cause headaches, mine are very specific. They start up the back of my neck and spread around my hatband area. I think each of us might have different symptoms with the headache.

If your BP is un-controlled, you need help getting it there, and keeping it there. I was running around with BP's in the 200's until one day too many had arrived and I had the strokes while in the ocean...That was 8 years ago and I am still recovering.

Take good care of your BP, I wish I would have.

Closed Thread