It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2011, 10:54 PM   #1
(male)

Estehanio HB User
Switching BETA BLOCKER brands and side effects

Alright, to cut the long story short i lived in Europe and moved to Asia. Before I came here to Korea i brought with myself enough of HBP medication for 9 months after that I got short on Beta blocker, sotalol and i switched to a brand here. After a week after switching i started to get dizzy, and dull headache, which is now better but still there. Could these symptoms be coz I changed the medicine? I eat healthy, exercise 4 times a week etc. Blood pressure is normal! 120/60. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Old 05-26-2011, 05:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

ACE28 HB UserACE28 HB UserACE28 HB UserACE28 HB User
Re: Switching BETA BLOCKER brands and side effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estehanio View Post
Alright, to cut the long story short i lived in Europe and moved to Asia. Before I came here to Korea i brought with myself enough of HBP medication for 9 months after that I got short on Beta blocker, sotalol and i switched to a brand here. After a week after switching i started to get dizzy, and dull headache, which is now better but still there. Could these symptoms be coz I changed the medicine? I eat healthy, exercise 4 times a week etc. Blood pressure is normal! 120/60. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
Probably,

All generics are not created equally. The FDA is constantly issuing warnings about many drugs on the market not being equivalent to the brand drug. A perfect example is Metoprolol/Toprol, another beta blocker, which was found to be manufactured with numerous faults by many generic drug companies, both here and overseas. Try and get the exact brand you were taking and have it shipped to you. I'm sure you will notice a difference almost immediately.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2011, 03:38 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

atengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB User
Re: Switching BETA BLOCKER brands and side effects

why were you on sotalol? I thought this was primarily an anti-arrhythmic. It was only for hypertension?

Closed Thread

Tags
change, hbp, medication, sotalol