It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2011, 03:36 PM   #1
(male)

pfd08 HB User
Upper Left Chest Pain

Starting yesterday I have been having random bursts of pain in my left upper chest. Not exactly sure what this is didnt know if anyone else would like to share their thoughts on what it might be.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:11 PM   #2
(male)

dantescritic HB Userdantescritic HB User
Re: Upper Left Chest Pain

Im kind of upset that nobody answered your post, im not really qualified but here goes.

Anytime you have chest pain you want to let your GP know, most of the time it is a benign non-threatening symptom "but could be something more serious such as a myocardial infarction".

From what I understand from my cardiologist, it is only opressive pain that signifies a heart condition. What I mean is that the pain is constant, or gets worse over time. Also heart pain has been explained as a tightening, or pressure like feeling, such as an elephant standing on the chest. Usually a twinge here and there can be anything from heartburn, other digestive issues, lung problems, costochondritis or other mechanical issues.

Best of Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2011, 05:44 PM   #3
(male)

redhawk45 HB User
Re: Upper Left Chest Pain

I know the pain you're talking about. I usually feel twinges and it is achy in feeling, but it goes away. Like the other poster said, if it's constant and (extremely) painful, I'd go to an ER stat. I also was told that the heart attack pain will come from the center of the chest, not to the side. Still, see your doctor and let him/her know. The doctor may want to do some tests on you just to make sure it's nothing serious.

Closed Thread