It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2011, 10:16 AM   #1
(male)

RTtucci HB User
Low Blood Pressure - Please Help!

I am 19 years old turning twenty this month and over the last several months I have been receiving low blood pressure results. My doctor, physiotherapist and dentist have all told me that my blood pressure was below average when they have taken it. Yesterday I went to check it again and it was the lowest reading to date, 109 systolic over 45 diastolic. I asked a doctor at a local clinic and he said that those readings are normal and that I am fine but everywhere I check on the internet tells me that those are very low. I have [B]never[B] fainted but I have felt quite dizzy/lightheaded after finishing a workout at the gym. Also I felt very weak and tired when I played basketball about 2 weeks ago. I don't smoke, I rarely drink and I haven't done any drugs in over a year. My diet is healthier then your average teenager and I workout 4-5 days a week.

[B]ANY[B] information regarding my situation would be helpful and greatly appreciate

Old 12-06-2011, 06:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: Low Blood Pressure - Please Help!

Are you drinking plenty of water? Dehydration will cause low blood pressure.

They say people in excellent physical condition, working out, etc. will have lower blood pressure but I do not believe it would be as low as yours.

Best to see a reputable doctor other than one in a walk-in clinic. I prefer to use an internal medical physician. You want a physician that has real interest in their patients.

Many times the blood pressure reading will depend on the person taking it, their hearing may not be as good as it needs to be in order to hear the first beat. However, you have had more than one person take your blood pressure and all but one say it is too low.

If you use a home auto-inflate blood pressure monitor, the bottom number, diastolic is not heard very well and may read very low.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2011, 06:41 PM   #3
(male)

RTtucci HB User

I do believe that I drink an adequate amount of water every day and I also take vitamins to make sure I get enough nutrients. I am using a blood pressure monitor at a store near my house. I wish I had a family doctor that actually cared about my concerns and I am frustrated because I don't want to waste my time going to another walk-in clinic to hear another doctor tell me nothing at all.

Old 12-08-2011, 05:21 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

atengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB User

I think this is more concerning if youre having symptoms. Issues with syncope and lightheadedness.

Perhaps an endocrinologist would be a decent place to start. There are adrenal causes to such a complaint.

The Following User Says Thank You to atengnr For This Useful Post:
RTtucci (12-08-2011)
Old 12-08-2011, 10:02 AM   #5
(male)

RTtucci HB User

Thanks for the advice, I'll have to check it out.

Closed Thread