It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #1
(male)

EnigmaticCyrax HB User
Unhappy Young man with high BP and odd symtoms.

Hello friends I'm 21 years old. Recently my blood pressure been high around 145/90 sometimes 135/90 pulse around 90-110 but it jumps higher when I move around I also feel my heart pumping really hard. It gotten to the point where if I stand up from my bed my heart would pound like I'm running a marathon and I get dizzy... so I stayed in bed. My doctor put me on Apo Atenol its a beta blocker and used to lower bp. My bp is becoming more normal and now I'm able to walk around without scary pounding in my chest. However I'm a bit upset with all this and beening young. I can't even have a beer with any of my friends anymore. Is there anything I can do once in a while to relax like for recreational use but responsobly. Also I'm having Plasma Renin test done and Plasma Aldosterone wouldn't my beta blockers be in the way of correct results. I would be greatful for any answers.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

icehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB User
Re: Young man with high BP and odd symtoms.

hey how you doin, just thought id chim in real quick. your #'s are real close to mine, including pulse although i dont get the pounding/dizzyness. just started exercising about 2 weeks ago. im 30, not on any meds, but just had the 24 hour urine and they said ur not suppost to be on any bp meds while screening for the test. may end up being a waste. sucks to have to deal with so young isnt it? well, just know ur not the only one. never thought id be concerned about my cardio health at this age, but at least were on it and not neglecting it. my issue is im getting different readings at the store than at home. how are you monitoring yours?

ice

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2012, 05:51 PM   #3
(male)

soflsun HB Usersoflsun HB Usersoflsun HB Usersoflsun HB Usersoflsun HB Usersoflsun HB Usersoflsun HB User

Beta blockers can inhibit renin release.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #4
(male)

easygoingguy HB Usereasygoingguy HB Usereasygoingguy HB Usereasygoingguy HB Usereasygoingguy HB Usereasygoingguy HB User

what is your BMI?

Old 02-14-2012, 09:06 AM   #5
(male)

EnigmaticCyrax HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingguy View Post
what is your BMI?
I'm 6'1 hight and 160 pounds

BMI calculator said 21.1BMI

Old 02-14-2012, 03:00 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

atengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB User

beta blockers due inhibit renin release, although Im doubtful that it would alter levels enough to miss a diagnosis of hyperaldosteronism, or renovascular hypertension.

Old 02-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #7
(male)

EnigmaticCyrax HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehouse3z View Post
hey how you doin, just thought id chim in real quick. your #'s are real close to mine, including pulse although i dont get the pounding/dizzyness. just started exercising about 2 weeks ago. im 30, not on any meds, but just had the 24 hour urine and they said ur not suppost to be on any bp meds while screening for the test. may end up being a waste. sucks to have to deal with so young isnt it? well, just know ur not the only one. never thought id be concerned about my cardio health at this age, but at least were on it and not neglecting it. my issue is im getting different readings at the store than at home. how are you monitoring yours?

ice
Yah I feel you on the pain friends. I've been becoming a lot more hateful towards people that don't appreciate what they got
and abuse their good health.When I'm on the bus I will hear someone say "last night I got so **** faced haha"
Well I want to see how much fun you will be having when you O.D and get liver failure or when people make a big deal about nothing like quit smoking and cry about it while there are much worse things to face in life. I'm paying now with my health for years of drug use and drinking since young age and being only 21. So called Friends don't even call me to go out anymore. I'm at home most of the time, mother is sick of seeing me in pain so she moved away. My brother died at age 15 but he was a sleep. I'm however awake and stuck with the unkown. Right now using LIFE brand BM 35 blood pressure monitor for home use and Vita phone loop 3100 BT monitor for heart. Sorry to be such a downer and rant like this but I need to let this out somehow. If anyone has an idea of what it could be please message me. Hopefully we will all improve or at least find answers to our problems. I will post updates from time to time.

Stay strong my friends Timothy A.G

Old 02-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #8
(male)

camjunkie HB User

So how are things going amigo? Any test results back yet?

Old 03-04-2012, 01:38 PM   #9
(male)

EnigmaticCyrax HB User

I'm now waiting to be seeing by doctor in london ontario he is going to do more tests I don't know which once yet. I saw few other cardio doctors who said it might be to much electrolytes in my heart causing it to act up soo they increased my beta blockers dose untill i see the doctor. Right now I'm just staying home a lot watching tv trying to relax. Eating more healthy foods nothing burned or fryed more boiled and fresh. I hope for the best. How you guys been anyone got any news.

Closed Thread