It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2012, 11:23 PM   #1
(male)

lsuman HB User
High blood pressure causing blood clots?

I have been having numbness in my feet and I think it is a circulation issue. I went to the doctor to talk about some symptoms and my BP was 180/93. The crazy thing is that is the first time it has been bad in my life(I am 21). My doctor told me to get back on my anxiety medicine to lower the BP. Well now I am scared to death of having a blood clot. The back of my leg has some pain and the veins in the back of my leg are showing. He didn't seemed to worried about the BP because he thinks it's anxiety, but I am more worried about clots than anything.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2012, 02:53 PM   #2
(male)

dantescritic HB Userdantescritic HB User
Re: High blood pressure causing blood clots?

Hi, I also suffer from anxiety and high blood pressure. I think this fear of blood clots is nothing more than a manifestation of anxiety. I am constantly worried about my high blood pressure and have anxiety, I am also around your age "23".

From what my doctor explained to me uncontrolled high blood pressure takes many years to accrue damage against the body. Like you I had normal blood pressure "120/80" before I started experiencing the constant anxiety symptoms. I think you can rest easy, ask your doctor for an Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitor to make sure you are actually suffering from high blood pressure, it is possible you are suffering from a condition known as "White Coat Syndrome" which doesn't necessarily have to mean that you see a white coat. It is merely increased blood pressure in anxiety situations.

In your case I would trust your doctor and not start any medication unless absolutely necessary.

It's pretty normal to have visible veins, but people with anxiety always worry that it is something more serious. My dads veins are extremely visible and he has low blood pressure "hypotension". As for the leg pain again, tension can manifest itself with an anxiety disorder. For instance I regularly get the "Dead Leg" sensation and have alot of tension in my neck and upper back

Hang in there I feel your pain.. I worry as well

Last edited by dantescritic; 04-20-2012 at 02:55 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2012, 03:00 PM   #3
(male)

lsuman HB User

Thank you so much. I just started a new anxiety medicine and today my BP was much better. Thanks for the advice!

Old 04-20-2012, 10:34 PM   #4
(male)

easygoingguy HB Usereasygoingguy HB Usereasygoingguy HB Usereasygoingguy HB Usereasygoingguy HB Usereasygoingguy HB User

you'll be happy to know that pomegranate juice has very high levels of polyphenols which has been found to inhibit platelet clumping that forms clots. Drink a little each day and rest easier. Don't drink pomegranate with certain blood pressure drugs. And drinking too much can cause diarrhea. I drink an ounce a day. Might start drinking more. I like it.

Closed Thread