It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2012, 03:30 AM   #1
(male)

ftbwgil HB User
great bp to sudden elevation

In dec of 2011 I had extremely hgih bp of 160/105 I am 51 I panickec an decided to not do meds. I went on natural program such as
no red meats
noliquor
no coffee
coq10
hawthorne
vit c, d, b6
rhodiola
stress mune
garlic
exercise
I have always exercised an am 5,10" was 210 am now 200lbs
perfect weight would be 190 lbs
I saw my BP go down to the 115/78 range on a regular basis 90% of the time staring in March.
So I started eating more steak drinking wine a bit.
For instance on thursday I drank 1 bottle of wine and then the next day Friday drank 3-4 ccoffee . So on Friday night after drinking coffee I notice my BP was 160/105 and then Saturday morning 140/100. I am not as calm and have deflected from my very strict diet
Can BP rise so high withhin such a short time. Right now I am hopefull because I did see my bp in the normal ranges for a few months. I have also been very stresssed with work again. I could almost see the BP riising as my work load was talking over. I have to learn to balance my stress . I am venting out here . maybe someone is in the same situatiion. I am just confused as to having consistent bp of 118/78 an then 160/100. Can a change of diet with someone who is anxiuos create a change that quickly and drastic
i will return to my extreme diet to get the BP down as quickly as possible.
I also forgot to mention the doctor saw a mildly dilated aortic valve. When i returned to see her she said it was so minimal based on the cardiac unit it would not nessisitate a return visit. I have also to this date balance issues when standing up. It seems to get worse when I am anxious. I am all over the place. I think I need to start writtting in my journal daily again as I am realizing that when I worked onmyself on got better and thenwhen I satrted feeling good i got lazzy with my lifestyle and now seem to be going backwards
have a good day

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2012, 09:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: great bp to sudden elevation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftbwgil View Post
... I have always exercised an am 5,10" was 210 am now 200lbs perfect weight would be 190 lbs
190 lbs? Are you sure? I would think that about 170 lbs or less would be healthier.

Quote:
For instance on thursday I drank 1 bottle of wine and then the next day Friday drank 3-4 coffee. So on Friday night after drinking coffee I notice my BP was 160/105 and then Saturday morning 140/100.
If I did that my blood pressure could be around 190/110. OTOH, I would love to down a bottle of wine, or a six pack of beer. No can do anymore.

Quote:
Can BP rise so high withhin such a short time.
BP can go very high in a short period of time, depending upon what you come into contact with; or what you eat or drink. In my case, I have found that when my blood pressure used to get high and unhealthy, it would stay high for long periods of time.

Quote:
I have also been very stresssed with work again. I could almost see the BP riising as my work load was talking over. I have to learn to balance my stress.
Stress is one of the many things that can cause an increase in blood pressure.

Quote:
Can a change of diet with someone who is anxiuos create a change that quickly and drastic
Diet has a very strong effect, either negative or positive, not only on blood pressure but also on health. To me, the blood pressure is just a body gauge, which reflects the health of one's metabolism, kinda like an engine gauge of a car.

Everyone is different, of course. If you are an elderly type, such as I, with a weaker immune system and metabolism, then it takes less to negatively effect the blood pressure, IMHO.

Some people's blood pressures are very sensitive to negative influences.

Quote:
i will return to my extreme diet to get the BP down as quickly as possible.
Sounds like a good plan. I have found that diet and exercise has an amazingly positive effect on blood pressure, health and well being.

Quote:
have a good day
Have a good, low blood pressure, day yourself!

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Last edited by Machaon; 04-28-2012 at 09:50 AM.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:52 PM   #3
(male)

dantescritic HB Userdantescritic HB User

Very possible you have what I was just diagnosed "Labile" hypertension.

Basically you are susceptible to dramatic changes in the blood pressure, although you are not hypertensive at all times. It's somewhat a better diagnosis than essential hypertension, many doctors choose to not even treat it, others treat with beta-blockers or ccb's.

Keep up the diet, exercise and im sure your episodes will last less.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:57 PM   #4
(male)

easygoingguy HB Usereasygoingguy HB Usereasygoingguy HB Usereasygoingguy HB Usereasygoingguy HB Usereasygoingguy HB User

Always great advice from Machaon and dantescritic. I concur. Your general health didn't suddenly change, your diet and anxiety did. And they are pointing out that's better than a constant high BP because you can control with stress reduction, diet, etc.

It's a setback and learning process. Doing this off meds requires vigilant action/attention. But the learning process is very valuable, if your learn from it. It just might be that steak does this. Maybe wine. But I suspect steak far more. Just ONE high fat meal has been demonstrated to flood the blood and arteries with fat and makes the arteries far less resilient to regulate BP. A high fat meal was found that it took the arteries far longer to return to normal condition/shape that it was in before the high fat meal, as a low fat meal. And the test was done on younger students!

I guess you'll know soon enough if the steak was it. But might be that plus the work stress. Managing stress and anxiety I'm finding is the hardest part. It's much harder then eating healthy and taking supplements. So I'm planning to get a massage soon, it's very relaxing. But you got to fight stress with a multifaceted approach. One stress reduction action helps, but just a little. But many different stress reductions actions combine over time and have a more effective synergy effect I think for fighting stress. Exercise being #1 stress reduction action. But do other stress reductions actions as well. I had no idea how critical this was to managing health. take care

Closed Thread