It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2012, 10:10 PM   #1
(male)

Patch62383 HB User
High blood pressure until I have a beer???

Hello my name is Patrick I am 29 I just joined this board tonight I think this is kind of a cool place. Anyways I have been diagnosed with HBP last year during a routine physical. I was going through a lot at the time my wife wanted a divorce and my Dad was dying from leukemia. I got a physical after my heart felt like it was racing out of my chest one night and it scared the crap out of me. My doctor seemed puzzled because at the time I was working out and lost around 30 lbs and thought I didn't really have HBP. I continued to monitor my pressure for about a week and it was always high at the time. I went to a different doctor and got put on meds. I guess I am kinda wonder what the hell is going on with me is it anxiety or actually HBP???
I take readings at home atleast one to two times a week. I get readings anywhere from 160/90 down to 120/75 my average is 130/80 as of now, but after a few beers its always in the 120/75 range. My mom and my brother have HBP, but my mom also has anxiety issues. I feel like I am a hypocodriact since my Dad has passed, by the way I have worked out my marriage issues since all this had happed, but something is going on with me mentally I think my Dad passing scared me a lot and the fact I have two little girls makes realize I need to take care of myself. I guess I am just wondering if anyone else has had these same issues please take the time to respond. Thank you for taking the time to read my post

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2012, 11:07 AM   #2
(male)

CESARG HB User
Re: High blood pressure until I have a beer???

Im 31 and have the same thing.alcohol relaxes you when you drink but once it wears off thats when it will go up.sometimes even more than before.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:31 AM   #3
(male)

Patch62383 HB User

Someday I take it its good without having a beer. I just wonder if I giving myself high blood pressure. I dont know what to think maybe I am becoming a Hypochondriac lol sorry I had to look that up on the spelling I know it was spelled wrong in my original post.

Old 07-13-2012, 07:53 AM   #4
(male)

elite gm HB User

Same thing seems to happen to me. I am 31 and only recently discovered HBP, I have had every test my Doctors can think of to try and figure out why I have this sudden increase in BP and all checks out normal.

It seems that when I have been drinking, which I do very seldomly, after drinking, BP is just about normal. But when I check it normally, it can be anywhere from 160/90 to normal, depending how anxious I am.

I also really wonder if this is an indication of some type of anxiety

Old 07-14-2012, 01:31 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

JeffUK HB UserJeffUK HB UserJeffUK HB UserJeffUK HB User

Patrick, 130/80 is a great average number. You do not have high blood pressure.

The medication industry and it's retailers have made you anxious when you needn't be.

Reply Reply