It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2012, 09:43 AM   #1
(female)

kjwilliams HB User
blood pressure

I am a pretty high strung person and worry constantly that something is wrong with me. I am taking 5mg of Enalapril for high blood pressure which has never been higher than 152/105 and up until yesterday it was running from 117/69 to 125/82 for the most part. The temperature here has been really dry with no rain and I have been stuffed up for several days and right now the temps outside is like 104 and yesterday my bp started running as high as 142/98 with it being 137/92 right now. I get into a panic when i see my bp anywhere near 130 on top and 85 on the bottom and then it will get higher. I then panic and will check it as much as 10 times in an hour. Am I causing my bp to go up?

Old 06-30-2012, 10:01 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

atengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB User
Re: blood pressure

sounds like it

If you dont have kidney disease, diabetes, then the official bp target is <140/90 per the JNC-7 guideline, which it sounds like you comfortably meet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2012, 10:06 AM   #3
(female)

kjwilliams HB User

Well that is what I thought too but I can tell when it gets above 125/80, I can feel my heartbeat and honestly feel sick. Then I get scared to do anything but lay around and pity myself.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:07 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Anxiety can raise your BP. It is best to take it when you are calm and have been at rest for 10 min. or so. If your BP is running high even when calm, your med dose could be bumped up to 10mg by your Dr. after you supply your doc with several bp readings taken over a week or so. I would be careful not to keep taking it once you get anxious, as you will create a vicious cycle that doesn't help you or your BP to stay in control.

The following user gives a hug of support to ladybud:
kjwilliams (06-30-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
kjwilliams (06-30-2012)
Old 07-01-2012, 09:53 PM   #5
(male)

Patch62383 HB User

Chill out I have a lot anxiety in my life the past year, but guess there are a lot of things we cannot control in this world. Stop worrying and if you honestly think something is wrong with you go to the doctor they will find out whats going on. Enjoy your life and just know you are in control of how you feel and how you accept problems in your life. I am only 29 and have HBP but I have learned to not worry about it so much because trust me you will have a lot of issues if you think about it everyday. Just take care of yourself and stop worrying about everything

Old 07-03-2012, 01:30 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

JeffUK HB UserJeffUK HB UserJeffUK HB UserJeffUK HB User

But Patch62383 ... who told you that you have high BP. From what you said in your other thread - you have perfectly normal BP that many of us would love to have .......

Closed Thread