It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2012, 06:29 PM   #1
(female)

dextra HB User
low systolic high diastolic pressure

Does anyone know what it means? does it even mean anything?

I am almost 28 and developed high bp when i was pregnant with my son 2 years ago. my readings were generally 140/90 and shot up to 150/110 when i gave birth. After I had him I lost about 50 pounds and my readings have been anywhere between 112/70 - 130/84 for the longest time they were on the lower end but the past week or so it has steadily been around 130/80. I have been on Labetalol since i was pregnant and i would really like to get off them to have another baby. My Dr. said if i had any chance at that i need to lose at least another 15 pounds. I am 5'6 and 168 pounds.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:18 PM   #2
(male)

soflsun HB Usersoflsun HB Usersoflsun HB Usersoflsun HB Usersoflsun HB Usersoflsun HB Usersoflsun HB User
Re: low systolic high diastolic pressure

Sounds like your blood pressure is perfectly normal now.

Some people develop high blood pressure during pregnancy, not abnormal. You doctor may just want you to lose some weight for overall health reasons.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Vocrinthedes HB UserVocrinthedes HB UserVocrinthedes HB UserVocrinthedes HB User
Re: low systolic high diastolic pressure

130/80 sounds fine to me! Before certain "financial interests" created the 120/80 "ideal" which sent people in search of another expensive drug, 140/90 was only considered "high normal" and was some healthy people's natural pressure all their long lives.

But losing weight never hurts! Your pressure will likely lower some more with a little less weight. Remember to eat healthy (organic if possible) foods and never starve yourself just to get to that "ideal" sub-120/80.

Vocrin

Reply Reply

« Worried | atenolol »