It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2012, 03:09 AM   #1
(male)

KnightTemplar HB User
Spikes and Dips in BP

Ok, so first, a little background information... I seem to be a ticking timebomb medically as I've been diagnosed with several different issues including:
  • Erythema multiforme
  • Intussusception
  • Leukocytosis (Idiopathic Eosinophilia)
  • Fever of 114F (what I have been told, not sure how to verify as it happened when I was roughly 2 and possibly as part of one of the previous 3 issues, but supposedly did happen while I was at the hospital, was told I had very bad hallucinations)
  • Intrinsic Asthma
  • 4 “Strokes” or "TIAs" (supposedly associated with the latter spike issue)
  • Constant intense pain all over (no doctors can tell me why so they all say it is in my head )
  • Popliteal pain (unless standing, worst after laying down for a while) (Again no doctors can tell me why so they all say it is in my head )
  • "immunity" to most if not all painkillers
  • "immunity" most anesthetics (had one that was given to me which actually increased my senses and the only one I have ever had that worked was what I was given to cut my Wisdom Teeth out)
  • Frequent and persistent headaches
  • Very slow (and often painful when going from dark to light) pupil reaction
  • Muscle twitching (particularly in the face, and shoulders)
  • Shaky hands, particularly when holding something like paper or a cup
  • Muscles locking up (One test I was given after many of my issues was to run on a treadmill with cables attached to me, before I really got "tired" my legs just stopped working and I fell on my face)
  • Ect...

Not sure if any of the above actually helps with the following, but thought I would add them just in case.

So now for the actual issue. I have been having random blood pressure spikes and drops for years. The Spikes have been associated with the aforementioned "Strokes and TIAs" and was originally thought to be an issue of not getting enough oxygen as it occurred on a hike up a mountain in the presence of an EMT and an Anesthesiologist. For 3 of said "strokes/TIAs" I have lost all feeling in the left half of my body for at least an hour, while the 4th I am unsure about due to the fact that I do not remember anything in a 3 day time span but know I was active most of that time based on what friends have told me. The Spikes have also been associated with massive nosebleeds (for one I lost roughly a pint of blood, in fact,the owner of the company I worked for at the time thought someone had lost a body part from the sheetmetal machines when he saw the blood in the restroom (my boss had apparently not been able to clean it up or tell him by that time) and after losing said blood still had a BP of 197/98 when I got to the ER). For the nosebleed incident, the previous day I had actually gone for a physical and had "perfect" blood pressure and within 30 minutes of getting to the ER I actually had low BP (91/58). Low Blood Pressures typically are associated with blackouts and collapsing. My first spike (that is known) occurred when I was in 4th grade with the most recent (again, that is known) being when I was roughly 28 (about 2 years ago).

One other thing to note from the first "stroke/TIA" is that I was taken to the ER (granted in a very small county hospital, but an ER none the less) and one of the things they did was to draw blood from an artery. The only thing they found was that I had virtually no Potassium in my blood, which I found odd as I was at a camp for a week before the hike and we had bananas at every meal, and as I love bananas, I ate plenty every day for a week. The following year I did go back to the camp and the EMT was back, the Anesthesiologist was not (unsure weather that had to do wit the fact they knew I was returning or not), and the EMT brought an oxygen tank (which I did have to use, and as such have not been back there for more than a day or 2 (No more week long trips).

Not sure how much of this information (if any) is actually pertinent. Also not sure how much more information I can give, or what might be needed, but I'll try if anyone needs more information.

Last edited by KnightTemplar; 08-07-2012 at 04:39 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply