It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2012, 09:25 PM   #1
(female)

littlelindze HB User
advice needed!

Hey! I am 30 years old and have recently been diagnosed with high blood pressure. I am not overweight, I don"t smoke and in fact, I always used have extremely low blood pressure. When I was 20 years old, my blood pressure was 90 over 70. Now, my blood pressure is 160 over 110. My doctor is at a loss. He says I really have no contributing factors to have such high blood pressure. He thinks it must just be genetics, but I don't have a family history of high blood pressure. I have already had an ultrasound of my renal arteries to see if I have renal artery stenosis and the results were great. I had blood test done which were apparently normal. If anyone has any advice or input please respond. I am desperate for answers. Thanks!!

Old 08-25-2012, 12:16 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

JeffUK HB UserJeffUK HB UserJeffUK HB UserJeffUK HB User
Re: advice needed!

How often has your BP been measured at 160/110 and where was it measured? Do you have your own BP meter?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2012, 10:16 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

How do you know it's not genetic? Have all your siblings, parents, grandparents had gentic testing?

Old 08-26-2012, 08:20 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

atengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB User

Other than the few secondary causes - renal arterial disease; hyperaldosteronism, other adrenal abnormalities,less likely pheochromocytoma; you likely have primary hypertension.

HTN is often a result of genetics along with environmental factors such as high salt diet, low exercise, higher stress.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:11 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelindze View Post
... Now, my blood pressure is 160 over 110. My doctor is at a loss.
Sorry to hear about your problems with high blood pressure. That must be very stressful for you.

At least your doctor admits that he just doesn't know. Many doctors will randomly blame high blood pressure "solely" on all kinds of unproven things, like stress, or anxiety, or genetics, etc. While these things can cause higher blood pressure, they are not the main reasons for high blood pressure problems, IMHO.

Quote:
He says I really have no contributing factors to have such high blood pressure.
He is wrong. He just doesn't know.

Quote:
I had blood test done which were apparently normal.
The human body has over 300 hormones and over 100 cytokines, most of which are never tested. If one or more of these body chemicals is out of balance, it can result in higher blood pressure and/or headaches and/or aches and pains and/or mental confusion and/or dizziness and/or heart palpitations, etc.

Quote:
If anyone has any advice or input please respond. I am desperate for answers. Thanks!!
I have always felt that most cases of high blood pressure and palpitations, immune system disorders, etc., are the result of the body becoming more environmentally or allergically sensitive.

Do you have allergies or asthma? Prior to your problems with high blood pressure did you suffer from a cold or infection? Did you have a reaction to an odor, or chemical? Do you work around chemicals or strong smells?

Best of luck and health to you, and I hope that you are able to solve your blood pressure problems and get your blood pressure under control!

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Last edited by Machaon; 08-26-2012 at 09:14 AM.

Reply Reply