It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
(female)

KettleBellChick HB User
Can Now FEEL when my blood pressure unlike before

Hi Everybody,

I had been walking around with untreated high blood pressure for awhile. It wasn't bothering me I guess that's why it's called the silent killer. So I began carvedilol and it immediately brought my blood pressure down to normal levels.

Now, I notice, I can't eat certain foods that I used to eat without actually FEELING my blood pressure rise. I can feel my heart rate beating faster, slight dizziness and headache. Granted, these foods are high in sodium but I find it odd that I didn't feel any of these symptoms when eating before taking the carvedilol but now that I am on it, I can feel these symptoms. I was thinking that while my blood pressure was high, I got used to it therefore I couldn't detect any of the symptoms and now that the carvedilol has brought my blood pressure down to a lower level, any sudden increase from normal levels to high is noticeable. I have been watching my sodium intake like a hawk but sometimes, like maybe once every 2 weeks, I thought that I could treat myself to a pepperoni and sausage pizza but the way I feel after eating it now is too unbearable so I have had to cut it out completely.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2012, 08:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Can Now FEEL when my blood pressure unlike before

I think your theory is correct that you were used to it being high all the time, but now that it is where it belongs, you can feel the surges when it goes up. It would be good to check your BP when you feel that way to document how high it is going. Maybe get a vege pizza next time, as the meat is very salty. So are olives.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2012, 09:54 AM   #3
(female)

KettleBellChick HB User

My HBP is weight related to a certain extent. I have already dropped 15 lbs. and have 15 lbs. to go so I am already halfway to where I should be. I ate a high sodium meal and when I took my blood pressure it was 142/98..up from the carvedilol induced 112/72 average. That's a huge surge and I felt every bit of it!

Old 09-22-2012, 01:34 PM   #4
(female)

KettleBellChick HB User

Question for anybody who may know:

Do blood pressure surges after high sodium meals also occur in people who DO NOT suffer from high blood pressure? I'm asking because my weight gain was a result of a hormone drug which caused my blood pressure to rise. I'm wondering if once I get back to my normal weight and the blood pressure decreases will I suffer from the same sudden increases in blood pressure after eating even though I will be a total of 30 lbs. lighter.

Reply Reply