It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2012, 04:24 AM   #1
(female)

Ms_T HB UserMs_T HB User
BP Question

So, let me first say I have been pretty obsessed with my bp for about four years after getting a few high readings at the docs. After that I began checking and checking often several times a day or week depending on the number. I have focused in on 115/75 as my goal so I have to check and check until I get there. I was consistently getting that number or below until the last few months. I finally realized 93 days ago that my bp was not the issue (my average is 110/75) and that I needed to stop checking. I stopped for 93 days but yesterday I had to go see the doc. My bp at his office was 126/74 and he was pleased and so was I kind of. I had bought a home machine though and wanted to get below 120/80 so I began checking and checking. Well, I never could get below 120/80 I mostly got around 124/82 or below and had a few spikes of 131/91ish I think twice out of literally 60 readings....I know crazy.

I finally left it at 127/80 and threw away the machine. Now I am tense and depressed wondering if it is ok to accept that as an ok number and go on with my life until my next doc appt. in six months. I just have not in almost four years accepted anything above 120/80 as ok and always have checked until it came down below that.

I need a reality check, if you guys got 127/80 would you be ok with that?

Thanks,
Ivy

Old 09-28-2012, 12:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User
Re: BP Question

Ivy,

Your BP is fine. You need to stop obsessing about it because stress causes it to rise! Take care and enjoy your life

Last edited by rudiraven; 09-28-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2012, 12:55 PM   #3
(female)

Ms_T HB UserMs_T HB User
Re: BP Question

Thanks Rudiraven,
Sometimes I just need to hear that from the experts. My mother and grandparents have high bp and I have "high" cholesterol so I am hoping I can keep high bp at bay as long as possible.

Ivy

Reply Reply