It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2012, 07:15 AM   #1
(female)

jeffries9 HB User
BP meds and dental conscious sedation-help

My dentist wants me to have conscious sedation (triazopine) where I will be awake but not care and may go to sleep. I'm reluctant because of Torpol XL and Lisinopril meds I'm taking, along with COPD meds (Spiriva and Advair inhalation). Has anybody had conscious sedation while on these meds? I'm scared. My procedure is just drilling out old fillings and doing procelean inlays, but I'm scared of the shot, but more scared of sedation.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User
Re: BP meds and dental conscious sedation-help

You might want to check with your doctors before deciding on this procedure since you're taking meds for BP and COPD. From what I understand, conscious sedation is administered by the dentist or his assistant and not an anethesiologist (sp?) I would probably opt for regular novacaine and tough it out....but that's just me. I'm overly cautious Good luck with whatever you decide.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2012, 05:06 AM   #3
(female)

jeffries9 HB User

I did check with two pharmacists yesterday and they both said "no problem". I told them all my meds and they just kinda brushed it off as being not an issue. I also checked with my pulmonary Dr and he just waved his hand and said no problem. I'm just being too paranoid, can't help it. What about nitrous oxide?

Old 10-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User

You should be fine, I have COPD myself.
It only becomes a problem if your COPD causes you severe breathing difficulty - Your dentist won't do anything if he/she thinks there's a risk involved.

Good luck.

Reply Reply