It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2012, 01:56 AM   #16
Inactive
(male)

JeffUK HB UserJeffUK HB UserJeffUK HB UserJeffUK HB User
Re: Diagnosed - High BP - scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9one1 View Post
I hope the answer is yes, but is it ok to drink coffee, life would really s*ck if i can't , love the stuff, gotta have it in the AM ya know LOL.
Everything in moderation!

Your biggest current issue isn't coffee but one of anxiety. Being obsessed with what you eat and drink is premature before you have a clear understanding of whether you actually have high bp or not .....

Old 11-24-2012, 02:15 AM   #17
(male)

9one1 HB User

Well you're absolutely right, i do however have PTSD, I've had it for the last 20 years so I do stress easier then most but I was simply curious about the coffee for no other reason then i just was, you're right though it's about priorities at this point.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2012, 02:59 AM   #18
Inactive
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9one1 View Post
Well you're absolutely right, i do however have PTSD, I've had it for the last 20 years so I do stress easier then most but I was simply curious about the coffee for no other reason then i just was, you're right though it's about priorities at this point.
I speak from experience concerning anxiety ....... but to an extent mine was started by medication withdrawal and then stayed on longer than it should. I was recently given a prescription for anxiety which i decided was for me a step too far. The moment the doc told me tat it wasn't me it was stopping the meds - i started the process of repairing the anxiety without med. I feel really pleased with myself that I coerced my mind into overcoming the anxiety. So I feel affinity with where you are.

To me - a part of dealing with anxiety is putting those elements your anxious about into a realistic context of your life overall. For example there isn't anything currently seriously wrong with you by the sound of it. In the worst case scenario - if you have raised BP - you know about it and it's absolutely controllable. So that is a plus not a minus isn't it

Eating and drinking what you like in responsible way is a part of enjoying and putting your life into balance.

Jeff

Old 11-24-2012, 05:26 AM   #19
(male)

9one1 HB User

I guess everything like you said in moderation, i am however not used to moderation, i had better get used to it though otherwise i am asking for trouble, walking helps i know but here in the states the winter is here and its not exactly ideal wether conditions , although todays not to bad, i will get out there and take a walk around my block for sure, i dont use salt AT ALL , so thats a plus, i dont eat fried food, or barely any carbs, if at all , i dont eat any kind of bread(s) , anyway i only take my HBP med once a day , its called hydrochrolthiazide i think i spelled it correctly, anyhow i will do my best managing the stress , thank you for keeping in touch with me Jeff, you're a good man.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:03 AM   #20
Inactive
(male)

No problem at all ... it's no trouble.

For what it's worth ....... I learned about moderation by an entirely different route. I have absolutely no idea whether the thought is of any value to you. I learned about moderation via food.

I love chips. (French fries?) . There's lots of debates everywhere about how often you can eat chips per week. In the UK it's not more than once per week is quite common., A lot of Americans are rather large as a result of eating too much of what they like. But actually you can eat chips as often as you want .... it's the quantity that's important.

I worked out that I got most pleasure out of the first few chips and after that I was just stuffing myself. So what I did was when I was eating something I enjoyed but was possibly bad in quantities I'd stop quite quickly on the self-promise I could do the same again tommorow if I wanted to. I'm lucky .... but many of us are .... I won't go hungry like many in the world. So I have the choice to have chips if I wanted to every day as long as it's just a few.

It's the same with alcahol. I love wine. But now it's just a max of a bottle between us ... but mostly over two days. It's actually the first few sips that give the most pleasure.

This doesn't mean I am slim and fit. I'm not ... but I can walk for hours without getting out of breath and I might be really ugly but I have a snse of humour and my wife and kids love me ...... so in those circumstances shouldn't we be happy.

Keep up the good work and let us know how the results go and post back before if you need.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:17 AM   #21
(male)

9one1 HB User

I'm not into the chips and dip crap I never was although I've tried it, anyway i can't drink any kind of alcohol in any form whatsoever, I'm an alcoholic, I'm in recovery I've been sober since June of this year and I feel awesome, I'm pretty fortunate because I have an amazing wife who is very patient and extremely supportive but I'll tell you if I drink again my marriage is over, she can only take so much you know after all i can't blame her, anyhow I'm spilling my guts to you and it was not my intent but I actually don't mind, take care and i will keep you posted on my HBP seeing i didnt say word one about why i joined this site to begin with.... LOL Oh well such is life.

Reply Reply