It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2013, 08:22 PM   #1
(female)

leelee58 HB User
bystolic and high blood pressure

Hi I've been on bystolic for 3 weeks now and some of the side effects are lessening but i still am having the tingling and numbness in my left arm and leg and still taking .25 xanex for insomnia. My eyes feel dry and my left ear hurts now also. That was not good but now i just feel a mental fog or like I'm walking around in a bubble. It's a weird feeling but my cardiologist said it is not the bystolic, but the xanex. Anyone know if this will get better? I've tried other blood pressure medicines with major headaches.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:03 PM   #2
(female)

BS513 HB User
Re: bystolic and high blood pressure

I took Bystolic for about 2 years and had some side effects in the beginning but went away as my body got used to it. It was my first BP med and really enjoyed it but had to get off of it because its expensive. Now I'm taking Metoprolol. Bystolic is a good choice.

The Following User Says Thank You to BS513 For This Useful Post:
leelee58 (01-23-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2013, 08:17 PM   #3
(female)

leelee58 HB User

Mine must be generic because it is not expensive. Were you very tired for long? I'm hoping I can stand the fatigue to see if I get past it. What were your side effects?
Did you have insomnia also?

Old 03-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #4
(female)

Juky HB User

I'm on Bystolic 10 mg/day ... first few days I felt dragged out, lethargic, like my heart was beating about 1 beat per minute. But after about 3 days, I guess my body adjusted, because I ended up feeling like my old self. On the other hand, I got hungrier -- don't know if this is a normal side effect or not.

Same here on cost. It's quite expensive. Can you get nebivolol in generic? I wasn't aware that it was available yet, at least in the U.S. ... I may have to get switched eventually just because of the cost, but it does seem to do well.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:43 PM   #5
(female)

BS513 HB User

My doctor said there wasn't a generic for Bystolic so she put me on the Metroprolol. The fatigue probably lasted for a few weeks and slowly went away. No I didn't have insomnia but I had the weird tingling feeling in my left arm and leg. Again it eventually went away. Now I will say since I've been on the Metroprolol and Lysinopril, I get cold in my legs and feet and hand the tingling in the beginning but that has gone away.

The Following User Says Thank You to BS513 For This Useful Post:
Juky (03-08-2013)
Reply Reply