It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2013, 11:06 AM   #1
(male)

txflowerchild HB User
Can there be a "universal" good BP

Seems to me that its irrational for there to a narrow range which would be considered "good" BP for all types of individuals. That is, if 120/60 is "good" BP for a young woman, 5'7 say 120 lbs, so how can we expect a big guy say 6' 250 lbs to have BP in the same range?

My pressure has been fairly consistant in the 136/69-146/84 range. My dr put me on lisinopril, said I needed an ACE inhibitor and it runs my BP down to 116/50 area and I'm practically a zombie.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2013, 04:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

atengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB User
Re: Can there be a "universal" good BP

Well a guy that is 6' 250 is likely quite overweight and his pressure is likely to be higher than normal, but pathologically so.

The fact is that if you look at populations of people, cardiovascular mortality and morbidity begins to rise when the BP is >115/75. So, really theres plenty of room for variability there, as one could have a lower pressure than 115 and still be just fine.

If youre a hypertension, with no heart problems and your diastolic pressure really is 50, I would consider taking less medication. That is too low most likely.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply