It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #1
(male)

mncovington HB User
26 yr old male 144/91 bp

I have been struggling with high bp for the last 5-6 yrs. noticeably whenever I go to the dr they seem a bit concerned with my blood pressure but say its "not too bad". I chalked it up to white coat syndrome, but now whenever go to the pharmacies and check it myself it's between 140/89 - 145/91, even when relaxed. I know this is not normal but I am otherwise healthy. Never sick, very active, take vitamins daily. I do drink a little too much on the weekends and am wondering if this could be the problem. But even when i stop drinking for a month or so at a time its still high. I am concerned that this is doing irreversible damage to my body which could lead me to an early death in the next 10-20 yrs. am I overreacting? Is there anything I could do? Thanks.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

atengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB User
Re: 26 yr old male 144/91 bp

Well, I bp in the 140s is not something you should ignore in the long-term....It raises your risk for stroke, heart attack and heart failure to name a few.

If you are overweight, you should consider losing weight ASAP. Additionally, you should limit your sodium intake (to as low as possible). Next, you should do aerobic exercise as many days per week as possible. If after working on this you find that your BP is still elevated (>140), then you really should consider medications.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2013, 07:29 PM   #3
(male)

Gojoe HB UserGojoe HB User
Re: 26 yr old male 144/91 bp

I agree with atengnr. My numbers were like yours in my 20's and it just went upward from there. If you weight is good and you exercise, then meds are the best way to avoid trouble later on.

Reply Reply