It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2013, 01:32 PM   #1
(female)

Rtrachelt HB User
Stress test

I am a 31 year old female who was diagnosed with POTS in 2008 at that time I had a normal stress stest and has always been able to tolerate my heart rate going up however over the last month I have become short of breath and have been developing chest pain with minimal activities such as showering. I had another stress test on Friday and I was only able to walk 3 1-2 minutes and became short of breath and developed chest pain also my heart rate was 98 at the start and got up to 164 then it took 2 hours to recover that's right 2 hours not 5-8 min and they had to give me iv fluids then I was sent on my way. The report showed hyperkinetic LV and hyperdynamic LV systolic function. All the dr said was it was essentially normal. REALLY?? Any advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #2
(male)

Voxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB User
Re: Stress test

Rt,

Was it a NUCLEAR stress test and did it show proper perfusion of all areas of your heart?
Chest pain on exertion is a strong indicator of diminished blood flow to an area of your heart usually indicative of a blocked coronary artery.

Quote:
I have become short of breath and have been developing chest pain with minimal activities such as showering.
This sounds suspiciously like unstable angina and a test might be to see if your chest pain responds quickly to a nitrite/nitrate.

In any case, see another cardiologist.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply