It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2013, 11:24 AM   #1
(male)

jdawgz HB User
20 years old, 195 weight, 190/110 bp

so basically a few months ago i started having shortness of breath and fatigue etc. now i start to have chest pains/lung pain and such so i went to the DR yesterday and my BP was 190/110.

i've started medications to control it and it fluctuates between 120/80 - 160/90 since i've started monitoring it recently.

now i'm having sort of chest pains localized around my left pec/underarm area and my left arm feels weakish sort of.

i also had a low pulse to accompany my high BP, it was about 45-50 BPM.

i'm rather scared since i don't really know the severity of my situation. they took a picture of my heart or whatever and didn't really say anything concerning it, so i don't know if i'm fine and i just need to lower my BP or if i've already caused some sort of damage regardless of my BP?

what kind of activities should i do to prevent further damage from this?

thanks if you can help. i'd rather not die.

Old 08-30-2013, 08:53 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: 20 years old, 195 weight, 190/110 bp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawgz View Post
20 years old, 195 weight, 190/110 bp

what kind of activities should i do to prevent further damage from this?
Have you ever been tested for Diabetes or Insulin Resistance? Any members of your family ever have Diabetes or Insulin Resistance?

Is your diet high in high glycemic carbs?

If I was suffering from similar problems, the first things that I would do would be to exercise appropriately each and every day, and have a healthy, low glycemic-carb diet; in order to rule out insulin problems with my metabolism.

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Last edited by Machaon; 08-30-2013 at 08:59 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Barbara_Ann HB UserBarbara_Ann HB User
Re: 20 years old, 195 weight, 190/110 bp

I agree you should have you sugar ck'd.

The high reading in Doc's office could be partly due to "white coat fever" which many of us have. When I try to monitor mine at home it is all over the place.

You didn't say what your height was but your weight doesn't sound that bad at all.

I have a feeling some life style changes would probably help you get your bp reading to an acceptable level.

LOW CARB & LOW Sodium - that sodium is a real culprit.

I'm a senior citizen who went off my bp meds the first of the yr. and have been doing fine with readings of 124/78 or 135/73 but recently I have been eating a lot unhealthier then I should meaning; sausage, lots of cheese, pepperoni personal pan pizzas & processed foods - it has caught up with me. The last 3 or 4 days my bp reading has been running anywhere from 140-150/89-91 - back to the more whole foods for me and back on my magnesium, CoQ10 & L-Arginine. Naturally, I will start exercising more & drinking lots of water.

These 3 supplements could help you on your way to good health:

magnesium, CoQ10 & L-Arginine

Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to Barbara_Ann For This Useful Post:
Agenda (09-09-2013)
Reply Reply