It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV/AIDS Living With Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2005, 02:36 PM   #1
(male)

Abakos49 HB User
for kell11....

you mentioned in one of your other posts that you found out your status after giving a blood sample for mortgage insurance. i'm curious as to why you would be required to do that for mortgage insurance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2005, 03:59 PM   #2
(male)

kell11 HB User
Re: for kell11....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abakos49
you mentioned in one of your other posts that you found out your status after giving a blood sample for mortgage insurance. i'm curious as to why you would be required to do that for mortgage insurance.
Simply because they [Ins. co's] do not want to lose their money when ya keel over...Its smart buisness prejudice.
try and get any insurance with of a substantial payout amount, and that Ins. agency will send a porta-medic to collect a blood sample,no doubt about it.
same as they test for nicotine,In this day of plagues,pandemics and pestilence,they will mandatory test for HIV,HEP,Cancer protiens-everything.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2005, 04:08 PM   #3
(male)

Abakos49 HB User

so were you still able to get it or what? sounds kind of invasive, but i guess i understand it from a business point of view. how complicated was it get that type of insurance?

Old 08-30-2005, 08:04 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

last1 HB User

Kell - My wife and I purchased a home valued at $300,000 two and a half years ago. It was the second home we had purchased since learning of my HIV status. No one ever asked for a blood test. In fact, I don't even remember there being any health-related questions on any of the title, closing, or insurance papers we filed. So, how come you bought a house in Prague? chris

Old 08-31-2005, 12:22 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

CARAT414 HB User

I too needed to give a blood sample for home insurance when I purchased the past three homes. And the amounts have been both below and above 300,000.00, maybe it is a state requirement????

Old 08-31-2005, 03:05 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

last1 HB User

It could be but with the insurance issues that Florida has been dealing with since Hurricane Andrew, et al, and because it is a pretty conservative state you'd think they would have been doing this. It's really interesting....chris

Old 08-31-2005, 03:32 PM   #7
(male)

kell11 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflas
Kell - My wife and I purchased a home valued at $300,000 two and a half years ago. It was the second home we had purchased since learning of my HIV status. No one ever asked for a blood test. In fact, I don't even remember there being any health-related questions on any of the title, closing, or insurance papers we filed. So, how come you bought a house in Prague? chris
Chris These are federal guidelines--
what you hold are accidental death policies,or title insurance or I dont know??? AND I SUGGEST YOU FIND OUT...Do you have flat whole life or term life insurance? If you do then I dont know how.
What the hell makes you think I live in Prague,Chris?Or was that sarcasm?haha
Im in Texas...Dont mistake an accidental death coverage policy for mortgage insurance...BIG difference.Life Insurance is just the same...accidental death policies can be had easily.
SIMPLE FACT,Insurance companies do not insure the dying and /or pre-existing condition applicant.
To answer you-No, I do not have any life or mortgage insurance.
I have acccidental death coverage on my 2 homes.Thats it.

Last edited by kell11; 08-31-2005 at 03:56 PM.

Old 08-31-2005, 06:39 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

last1 HB User

Sorry about the Prague-thing...it was meant as sarcasm. But then, of course, you do live in Texas...(oops, another attempt at humor). chris

Old 09-01-2005, 03:28 AM   #9
(male)

kell11 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflas
Sorry about the Prague-thing...it was meant as sarcasm. But then, of course, you do live in Texas...(oops, another attempt at humor). chris
Clever funny man,thats almost too high tone for me...

Closed Thread