It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV/AIDS Living With Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2011, 09:28 PM   #1
(male)

murali603 HB User
Dad has +ve

Recently when my father told he is facing some problem in heart then we took him to hospital where they tested blood and told HIV +ve, after that they rejected to do angiogram test.

I don't know how many years back infection entered into him.

But he is suffering from boils from some 2-3 years which are talking long time to cure. He feels sweating a lot even in day/night time.

And he is saying i am not able climb the steps etc.

I am thinking that the stage is symptomatic stage.

So far no mediciens used, he is not aware of this report, but we are sending him to clinic on Monday, I am not sure how he will react when he came to know about this.

He drunks a lot and also smoke sigarates but from few days he is drinking only half amount of previous quantity.

Let me know what kind of diet he should follow to lead healthy life and suggest me whether its better to use Antiritroviral drugs or not.

We need him, so far he faced lot of problems because of us but now when we setteled he got this sick.

please suggest me some good things i can do to improve his health.

Mom also might got infected but her health condition is better so far, but i will also take her to clinic soon.

Last edited by murali603; 10-07-2011 at 09:29 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to murali603:
mandiemoo (10-22-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2011, 02:45 AM   #2
(male)

murali603 HB User
Re: Dad has +ve

some one plz reply

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2011, 01:53 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

it sounds like hiv is effecting him in a bad way
i would suggest you get him to a doctor and on Antiritroviral drugs
asap
same goes for your mother if she has it
the SOONER the better!
good luck

Old 11-04-2011, 02:07 AM   #4
(male)

murali603 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiteler View Post
it sounds like hiv is effecting him in a bad way
i would suggest you get him to a doctor and on Antiritroviral drugs
asap
same goes for your mother if she has it
the SOONER the better!
good luck
few days back i took him to the Hospital where they did CD4 and found the count is 894, Those hospital people serving ART for only people whose count is less than the 250.

They given some normal tablets and asked us to visit them after 6 months to check again CD4 count.

But there might be some chances to see some drop in count in these 6 months. what should i do, dad has habits like drinking and smoking.

If the count is 894 then is there any chance to know when the virus entered into his body?

how to maintain the count in that level without dropping any more? please suggest in detail about the diet.

Thanks & regards.

Old 11-25-2011, 10:53 PM   #5
(male)

dunwitty HB Userdunwitty HB User

He needs to stop drinking and smoking ASAP, smoking only accelerates the process. You do know that once he starts taking the drugs though he can still live for a very long time, maybe even almost a full life and remember, the drugs improve every year. I wouldnt be too surprised that within the next decade, HIV will be basically curable, not curable, but someone will be able to live to the same age as they would have otherwise without HIV. Its still very serious and please get your mom tested ASAP too. If he is now getting sick he could have had HIV for a decade already, who knows. Im so sorry, but at least you guys caught it before it was too late.

Closed Thread