It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV/AIDS Living With Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2011, 02:38 AM   #1
(female)

mwah HB User
Angry cant find romance because of my status

i am a 25 year old lady and found out about my hiv status when i was 23. i was in a relationship that time but when my ex found out about my status he broke up with me. ever since then i never seemed to find love anywhere. i want to meet some one with my status and get married to him but i dont know where to find that man. because of that i feel deppressed and lonely. plz help me.

ps. mwah

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: mwah
nick o (01-26-2012), thunderfoot (12-28-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2011, 11:00 PM   #2
(male)

raul12345 HB User
Re: cant find romance because of my status

hey its gonna be fine....leave it on the almighty....he has all his plans....n by the way researches for hiv is so aggressive that they wil eventually find a cure in near future....how is ur health....r u on meds rit nw....wer r u frm........lets find ot wat u want....

Last edited by moderator2; 11-16-2011 at 06:39 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2011, 06:04 AM   #3
(female)

mwah HB User

thanx for the reply raul. i am from africa.

Last edited by moderator2; 11-16-2011 at 06:39 AM.

Old 11-16-2011, 03:49 PM   #4
(male)

dc5lov3r HB Userdc5lov3r HB Userdc5lov3r HB User

Everybody has that one person waiting for them. Your time will come and don't worry. Goodluck!

Old 11-17-2011, 12:47 AM   #5
(female)

mwah HB User

thanx for replying

Old 11-21-2011, 12:03 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

Feelbadbad HB UserFeelbadbad HB User

Look online there some website that for HIV+ people to communicate and meet each other and start a relationship! Check it out! Good luck and god bless you and all the suffer! Please government please make cure! You guy already make enough money from selling drugs already!

The Following User Says Thank You to Feelbadbad For This Useful Post:
Jiggy12 (02-11-2012)
Old 11-25-2011, 11:02 PM   #7
(male)

dunwitty HB Userdunwitty HB User

Thought you would like to know this, remember everyday that goes by, they come closer and closer to a cure.

Last edited by moderator2; 11-26-2011 at 07:47 AM. Reason: please do not post a commercial website, for any reason.

Old 12-23-2011, 03:18 PM   #8
(male)

dantescritic HB Userdantescritic HB User

Sorry this is a bit out of my field of expertise, I don't have HIV but I do have some good advice.

You know there are HIV dating websites out there? Just type in HIV dating, im sure you will find someone special!

Good News- HIV and AIDS are extremely close to being entirely cured, at this point they are considered manageable conditions like hypertension and diabetes.

Old 12-26-2011, 11:21 AM   #9
(male)

jorozco HB User

Hi, I can definitely understand your concern on finding love or even putting yourself back on the market. I found out that I was Poz at 24, and had no support network. I dreaded the thought of approaching others and disclosing status. After a while, I said enough is enough and I deserve to be happy too...So I started going to HIV support groups, the one I went to happened to be about 40 min away, but it was worth it! At first, the thought of introducing myself to others was daunting, but it was actually a great networking tool. I established some real friendships learned some valuable ways to approach the "dating scene."

Besides support groups, you can also try online dating.

Please don't get discouraged and keep on trying, even if you meet some jerks or weirdos out there (which you will)

Last edited by moderator2; 12-26-2011 at 03:13 PM. Reason: please do not post a commercial website, for any reason.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:41 AM   #10
(male)

thunderfoot HB User

Being HIV positive can be the lonliest feeling in the world. Though incurable it is now highly manageable provided you are able to access/afford HAARTherapy. Therefore there are far worse ailments/diseases you could have. So why doesn't it feel that way?

Because no other disease comes with the same stigma, judgement/fear from others and resultant feelings of shame, guilt and rejection.

I know. And I feel your pain.

Here are a few things I want you to remember;

1/ You are a person - not a disease. This may sound strange to others but I know you know what I mean.

2/ It is not your fault. Anyone can become HIV positive.

3/ You can live a long and fulfilling life if you take care of yourself and take your meds faithfully.

4/ (And while this will not not make you feel any less lonely) Anyone who would leave you for getting sick is not the kind of person you need in your life.

As for meeting someone, support groups are an excellent idea if accessible and, as others have posted, there are many HIV+ dating sites. I wish you luck in your search for happiness and companionship. You deserve that like anyone else.

Old 01-21-2012, 12:36 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

the only good thing about hiv and romance is
you now have a great way of getting rid of unwanted advances
without hurting anyone's feelings!

i have had the same luck as you mwah
so do not feel alone out there.
i just occupy myself with things i really like to do alot and family.
one thing i have learned over the years is to give up on
thinking or worrying over what i cannot control and do not force
anything or try harder as it just makes the pain that much worse when
it doesn't succeed.
my life got so much easier after i did that.
good luck

Old 03-09-2012, 11:18 PM   #12
(female)

alicelee HB Useralicelee HB User

hey mwah try not to think much about it for now.
Just focus on other important things in your life .trust me you can find happiness in other things or even family.
Start doing the things that you like ,live life to the fullest and you when you are least expecting it someone might show up.

Old 05-05-2012, 01:59 AM   #13
(male)

SteveLonely HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwah View Post
i am a 25 year old lady and found out about my hiv status when i was 23. i was in a relationship that time but when my ex found out about my status he broke up with me. ever since then i never seemed to find love anywhere. i want to meet some one with my status and get married to him but i dont know where to find that man. because of that i feel deppressed and lonely. plz help me.

ps. mwah
Hi - I am 52 and my wife abandoned me in Dec 2011 as I lost my job and as she said I was a loser as I have been unemployed for 8 months. When she left me I was devastated and super-depressed, angry and in despair. I was lonely for a woman to hold me and treat me like I was loved. I saw 2 prostitutes that would not insist on condoms and saw one 3 times and one 5 times from Dec 20th to Jan 20th. I was lonely, sad, depressed and angry and needed "revenge" sex or something. I developed fever, sore throat, a rash on my leg, fatigue and headaches and body aches on about Jan 30th. I knew immediately what happened. I tested negative on Feb 10th and negative on Mar 25th but positive on April 25th - The worst day of my life. HIV pos and wife dumped me - great future!!!!!! Good news is I got a good job now. I cannot tell family, friends or co-workers. I would feel embarrassed. I am a 52 year old 6'2", 205 lb great looking guy but am very lonely. I do not want to start a relationship with a woman as I cannot share this terrible secret so is there a website to go to in order to find a beautiful, smart, HIV pos woman that needs love too? I am soooooo depressed and feel destroyed. Also, I just read that if I start Meds, the average cost of meds and doctor care is $1,300 per month. Now I'm more depressed. Any ideas? I live in Ft Lauderdale and would like to find a support group with at least the same number of woman as men. Is there anyone out there that feels the same? I would like to find someone who is like me and doesn't have the social support like me. Take care ...
SteveLonely is my profile name

Old 05-05-2012, 02:00 AM   #14
(male)

SteveLonely HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwah View Post

ps. mwah
Hi - I am 52 and my wife abandoned me in Dec 2011 as I lost my job and as she said I was a loser as I have been unemployed for 8 months. When she left me I was devastated and super-depressed, angry and in despair. I was lonely for a woman to hold me and treat me like I was loved. I saw 2 prostitutes that would not insist on condoms and saw one 3 times and one 5 times from Dec 20th to Jan 20th. I was lonely, sad, depressed and angry and needed "revenge" sex or something. I developed fever, sore throat, a rash on my leg, fatigue and headaches and body aches on about Jan 30th. I knew immediately what happened. I tested negative on Feb 10th and negative on Mar 25th but positive on April 25th - The worst day of my life. HIV pos and wife dumped me - great future!!!!!! Good news is I got a good job now. I cannot tell family, friends or co-workers. I would feel embarrassed. I am a 52 year old 6'2", 205 lb great looking guy but am very lonely. I do not want to start a relationship with a woman as I cannot share this terrible secret so is there a website to go to in order to find a beautiful, smart, HIV pos woman that needs love too? I am soooooo depressed and feel destroyed. Also, I just read that if I start Meds, the average cost of meds and doctor care is $1,300 per month. Now I'm more depressed. Any ideas? I live in Ft Lauderdale and would like to find a support group with at least the same number of woman as men. Is there anyone out there that feels the same? I would like to find someone who is like me and doesn't have the social support like me. Take care ...
SteveLonely is my profile name

Old 12-01-2012, 03:13 PM   #15
(male)

maverick55 HB User

Try online dating for others with HIV. You'll have no problem finding someone in the same situation as yourself...

Closed Thread