It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2004, 07:41 PM   #1
Inactive

jaimetheunlucky HB User
What Are My Odds Of Contracting HIV/AIDS Virus, Read My Risky Life Situation !

Hello Yall,

I am a 20 year old male that is scared for my life and I would like for you all to read my sexual history below and to honestly tell me my odds of catching & developing AIDS/HIV Virus.

My Whole Life Sexual History (The Honest To God Truth)

*I only had sex with 3 females in my whole lifetime.
*I only had sex with each of them only 1 time.
*2 of the females I had sex with I wore a magnum condom.
*1 of the females was a one night stand and I had unprotected sex with her.

See the 2 females that I slept with when I wore a condom is not even on my mind at all, I was protected from beginning of sex until the end of sex with no broke condoms. Okay, It is the female that I had a one night stand with that really scares me because if I had a one night stand with her then how may other guys could of had unprotected sex with her ? maybe 10, 20, 50, 100, 1,000 or even 1,000,000,000.

See I know my sexual history without a doubt but I don't know her sexual history, that's the scary thing. She could of had sex with hundreds & millions of guys. If I do have it then I know exactly where I got it from because the first two females I had sex with I was protected, the one night stand with that female was the first time I had unprotected sex with a female, I did it because I was curious to see what it felt like without a condom and from then on this situation has been ruining my mind, I wish I would of just wore a condom just like I did with the other females I slept with, I guess I let my curiousity get the best of me. You know what they say, curiousity killed the cat, I guess its going to kill me also !

What are my odds yall, Im real scared. The one night stand with the female that I slept with was on September 6, 2004 and since then I just been worried.

I hope I aint got it, im real scared but I gotta get tested as soon as I get some money cause I gotta get this off my mind, im going to get tested in january of 2005. If I do got it I ain't go be mad at the world and take it out on nobody, imma be cool and make peace with everybody before I die and start to live right so I can go to heaven and live peacefully. If I find out I do got it then im going to start taking tons of pictures with my friends, family & etc so they will have something recently to remember me by. I may actually record some live cassette tapes for them to remember me by. Since my mom has a camera I might do tons & tons of live camera scenes about my life and how I live, my hobbies & etc, something like documentaries with me, my family & friends showing the last days of my life. Im going to make like 10 of them tapes so my spirit will live on and it will still seem like I am alive.

I really hope this is an AIDS/HIV scare or a wake up call for me to start living a righteous life, I really dont want to die, I really hope that in this situation God was on my side, if not then I've paid my life for my mistake.

After I take the test and it is negative then Im not going to have sex with no female until we are married and I want to see her test results also for all STD's that are currently out.

Tell me what you all think !

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2004, 09:25 PM   #2

Chelle80 HB User
Re: What Are My Odds Of Contracting HIV/AIDS Virus, Read My Risky Life Situation !

The odds of you getting HIV from this one time unprotected act of vaginal intercourse with a female of unknown status are 1/500.

There are 250 million people in the US. Out of those 250 million people, there are about 950,000 known HIV infections. Each year 45,000 new infections occur. Look at those statistics. The chances of this girl being HIV+ are slim to none.

That being said, you still did have unprotected sex and even though the chance that your are positive is slim, you still should get tested. Please remember to test 3 months after your last possible exposure, because only then will your test results be conclusive.

Take care and protect yourself from now on. All this worry and stress is not worth it.

-Chelle

[PS: You would benefit from reading the sticky by nyxin at the top of this HIV/AIDS forum.]

Old 10-15-2004, 09:55 AM   #3
Inactive

jaimetheunlucky HB User
Re: What Are My Odds Of Contracting HIV/AIDS Virus, Read My Risky Life Situation !

Thanks for the reply chelle 80,

oh and I forgot to tell everyone on here that I have also never recieved oral sex in my life and I never ever put my mouth on a girls vaginal area at all.

I had forgot to put that on my last post.....

That should of also reduced the risk too....

Old 10-15-2004, 02:21 PM   #4

Regretful HB User

Jaime, im confident you're gonna be ok. Look, each incident that occurs in life is a learning experience. Some good, some not so good. But i am quite sure that this one is one that will change your outlook on life, rather than you physically. As Chelle, your chances are very very slim. I mean you have a lot of statistics in your favour. For one, you don't know her status. You could very well, and mostly am, worrying about nothing. Also, the transmission rates from female to male are very minimal. I mean, a 1 time encounter of a woman with a positive man is something like .001-.003 transmission rate. For a male to get it, is a quite a factor less. Stop talking as if this were a life sentence. You don't know anything, and you are simply overreacting. Why worry? Easy to say, but worry is like bringing in the unknown clouds of tommorow into the sunshine of today. Just relax. Test and continue on with your life. God bless.

Old 10-30-2004, 01:02 PM   #5
Inactive

jaimetheunlucky HB User

thanks for the help & support Regretful.....

Old 11-01-2004, 12:06 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

TomsWife HB User

The OP wrote:
Okay, It is the female that I had a one night stand with that really scares me because if I had a one night stand with her then how may other guys could of had unprotected sex with her ? maybe 10, 20, 50, 100, 1,000 or even 1,000,000,000.

The woman you had the one night stand could be thinking the same of you, 10, 20, 50, 100, women that you may have slept with. After all it was a one night stand for her too.
That being said, I think the other posters gave some exclelent advise. Chances are your ok, but you wont feel ok until your tested. Arent there any free clinincs where you can be tested?
Your going to be fine, you'll see!

Old 11-01-2004, 03:12 PM   #7
Inactive

jaimetheunlucky HB User
Unhappy Re: What Are My Odds Of Contracting HIV/AIDS Virus, Read My Risky Life Situation !

Thanks for the positive feedback Tomsgirl, I really appreciate that.

Matter of fact I went to the clinic early this morning and got a HIV test & Syphilis test. They had to draw blood from me and they told me to call back in either 4 or 5 days for my lab results.

Now the waiting period is kinda what scares me because I really fear so much that it will come back positive, i sure hope that I don't have HIV.

Do anyone of yall think that my lab results will have a chance of being conclusive on this testing or do I still have something to worry about. Everyone is saying that you should get tested 3 months after your last sexual experience but I had to go today because this thought has been eating away at me for a while and I really need a peace of mind. Did I test too early and even if I have HIV it won't show up this early, right ?

My last recent sexual encounter was on September 6, 2004 and from then to now that is 8 weeks.

Everyone please respond back.......

Closed Thread