It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2004, 01:26 AM   #1

Wiseguy HB User
Relation of Bacterial Vaginosis and HIV??!!

HOw are you doing guys!!??
My girl friend just found out that she has Bacterial Vaginosis.
So I did a search on Bacterial Vaginosis and found out that if one person has Bacterial Vaginosis, he or she have higher chances of getting HIV or other STD than normal person.

I am her first sexual partner and she is also my first sexual partner.
And we had a few unprotected sexual intercouse after she started having weired discharge from her vagina.
Do you guys think there is a possibility that she might get HIV?
I'm so worry about her right now.

Please give me some answers or advices!!
Thanks

Old 10-23-2004, 06:10 AM   #2

Chelle80 HB User
Re: Relation of Bacterial Vaginosis and HIV??!!

If you and your girlfriend were both virgins and neither of you uses drugs with needles, then it is safe to assume that neither of you are infected with HIV.

Bacterial Vaginosis, although maybe seen more often [and with reaccurance] in HIV+ women, can happen to any healthy women. I have various HIV- friends who have had Bacterial Vaginosos before and they do not have HIV. Bacterial Vaginosis can occur when different/new bacteria is introduced to a womens vagina. Since you two have had unprotected sex before, she has been introduced to the normal and healthy bacteria that is present on your penis, causing a dis-equalibrium in the balance of your girlfriends bacteria in her vagina. Her gyno should be able to clear this infection right up with some antibiotics.

You said, "Do you guys think there is a possibility that she might get HIV?"...however, one does not just acquire HIV without participating in an activity in which HIV is passed. Your gf will not just get HIV because she has this case of Bacterial Vaginosis, that is not how you get HIV. If you and her were each others first and neither of you shoots up any drugs, I would not worry about HIV at all.

I hope this helps answer some of your questions.

-Chelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2004, 07:48 AM   #3

Wiseguy HB User
Talking Re: Relation of Bacterial Vaginosis and HIV??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelle80
If you and your girlfriend were both virgins and neither of you uses drugs with needles, then it is safe to assume that neither of you are infected with HIV.

Bacterial Vaginosis, although maybe seen more often [and with reaccurance] in HIV+ women, can happen to any healthy women. I have various HIV- friends who have had Bacterial Vaginosos before and they do not have HIV. Bacterial Vaginosis can occur when different/new bacteria is introduced to a womens vagina. Since you two have had unprotected sex before, she has been introduced to the normal and healthy bacteria that is present on your penis, causing a dis-equalibrium in the balance of your girlfriends bacteria in her vagina. Her gyno should be able to clear this infection right up with some antibiotics.

You said, "Do you guys think there is a possibility that she might get HIV?"...however, one does not just acquire HIV without participating in an activity in which HIV is passed. Your gf will not just get HIV because she has this case of Bacterial Vaginosis, that is not how you get HIV. If you and her were each others first and neither of you shoots up any drugs, I would not worry about HIV at all.

I hope this helps answer some of your questions.

-Chelle

wow!! Thank you so much Chelle!!!
I feel so much better with your common!!

THanks again chelle!!

Old 10-23-2004, 10:31 AM   #4
(female)

sbabayan HB User

how could you get hiv if you both were virgins when you started sleeping together? i don't understand. HIV is a sexually transmitted virus, if you both are virgins and non IV drug users, there is no possible way you could get it.

Last edited by sbabayan; 10-23-2004 at 10:56 AM.

Old 10-23-2004, 06:57 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

cocoeyes HB User

how is HIV in relations to BV? BV is not even a sexual transmitted disease... It is said even virgins can catch BV.

Old 10-23-2004, 08:11 PM   #6
(female)

sbabayan HB User

typicall, when you have BV and you have unprotected sex with an HIV positive person, your chances of getting infected increase. but wiseguy and his girlfriend were virgins when they started having sex, so there is no way she could get HIV from him; i guess he didn't know that you need to have contact with the virus to get it.

Closed Thread