It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2005, 07:55 AM   #1
(male)

moods_001 HB User
Muscle Twitches/Spasms

is it a common HIV symptom ? because i got many muscles twitching in my body , night and day , and i wanted to know , because iread in a website about a year ago that this is common ...possible exposure 1.5 years ago... Thanks.

Old 01-12-2005, 07:11 PM   #2
(female)

elggon HB User
Re: Muscle Twitches/Spasms

Is that your only symptom?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2005, 06:29 AM   #3
(male)

moods_001 HB User

Besides really tiny/weak twitches-spasms-numbness , i've had almost all the HIV symptoms ,but of the were presistant to make sure if it is really a symptom or just a common thing going on with your body , except for some REALLY weird 4 big itchy red spots ( looks alot like mosquito bites ) - that appeared on my right arm , and it stayed for about 6 days before dissapearing leaving weird 'green' marks ,that eventually dissapeared too...

All right i'm gonna confess it all :

Maybe it is nothing ?! or is it really everthing , i don't know , a year and a half ago , a prostitute performed oral sex on me , and Believe me , her mouth did not look so nice to me , i'm not sure if there were cuts in it or not , anyway it lasted for about 3 minutes before i came in her mouth ...that it , that is whats troubling my life everyday , waiting for a certain new symptom to show up , and i really began to suspect everything ,
a cold/sneeze/cough/numbness...

And my problem is that i can't test , cos i work in a country in the middle east that is not exactly friendly with people infected with HIV ... so i will have to wait till the end of 2005 to go home to Canada to get tested...so please help me and discuss with me the possiblities of me contracting HIV through this one and only oral sex incident ....

Thanks for any help...

Old 01-14-2005, 07:22 AM   #4
(male)

abman HB User

Muscle spasms are not a symptom of HIV.

Transmission of HIV via oral sex is nothing. There is one documented case in all history. Oh yeah, and quit messing around with prostitutes.

Last edited by abman; 01-14-2005 at 07:23 AM.

Old 01-14-2005, 03:15 PM   #5
(male)

moods_001 HB User

Thanks Abman , your words gave me a little comfort , and i will definetly be relieved of this when i get out of here , and go back to Canada to get tested ...
and don't worry about prostitutes any more cos i learned my lesson - i even considered celibacy for the rest of my life , cos you really don't know where u get a STD from these days ...thanks for your reply.

Old 01-14-2005, 03:46 PM   #6

lifechange HB User

Question and not to pry - are you an Ecstacy user? Or have you used Ecstacy? My ex got a lot of twitches from it.

Old 01-14-2005, 11:04 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

Warren_G HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by abman
Muscle spasms are not a symptom of HIV.

Transmission of HIV via oral sex is nothing. There is one documented case in all history. Oh yeah, and quit messing around with prostitutes.
Excuse me? wrong HIV can be transmitted through oral sex, the chances are higher for the one performing to get it but you can still get it. Whoever told you u cant is wrong and shouldn't inform you of this. Muscle twitches are a commom thing, and often come on during extreme anxiety and stress, Increase in magnesium and calcium will solve these problems for most. Also they are symptom of HIV but mainly a late symptom when the mind starts to break down, but they are associated with muscle wastage as well. I had muscle twitchings as well constantly then they went away after i stopped worrying about them

Old 01-15-2005, 02:51 AM   #8
(male)

moods_001 HB User

No i'm not an eX user...but , damn - can i really get HIV this way ? i was expecting more comforting words , but the above poster ended that...
'Assuming' that the prostitute was HIV positive , but i'm really sure , because she told me that she was doing a lot of foreigners , and one of my friends pointed out 'jokingly' that she is an HIV person ..but oral sex is rare , and
sorry , but there were no cuts on my penis - can the virus still be transmitted through the urinal openining or whatever it is called ? can it ? more thanks.

Old 01-15-2005, 07:39 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

You CANNOT diagnose AIDS/HIV from symptoms; don't even try. All you'll do is worry yourself sick!

Old 01-15-2005, 08:42 AM   #10
(female)

elggon HB User

That is true WarrenG that is is POSSIBLE to get HIV from oral sex, but there are very few reported cases. And muscle spasms are not a symptom of HIV, but seizures can be in someone with later stage HIV as their muscles and mind are diminishing.

Old 01-15-2005, 01:39 PM   #11
Inactive
(male)

Warren_G HB User

i dont know about that i heard otherwise, how can there be very few case when there is precum that comes out of the penis and into ur mouth and the girl swallows then what.

Old 01-15-2005, 01:42 PM   #12
Inactive
(male)

Warren_G HB User

moods i think it would be pretty rare for u to get hiv from the girl since she was performing oral sex on you, that would be like makin out with her which is very very rare to spread. I Think ur muscle twitchings are a result of high stress and anxiety that builds up before u go to bed causing u to not have a restful night sleep

Old 01-25-2005, 07:01 AM   #13
(male)

RBCA HB User

Dear Moods

You cannot get HIV from recieving a BJ. Oral sex in general is low risk but recieving a BJ is no risk. There has not been a single documented case ever amongst what must be billions of exposures. So relax.

RBCA

Old 01-26-2005, 05:33 PM   #14
(male)

broome HB User

I broke my back about a year ago and i'm having muscle spasm's in my leg is there any thing that can help relieve? Also i'm new to this so don't know if i'm in the right place?

Old 01-26-2005, 09:07 PM   #15
Inactive
(male)

Warren_G HB User

did u use a search because this is an hiv/aids board

Closed Thread