It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2005, 08:33 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

MX62 HB User
Quick question,please respond

I have been seeing someone for about a month and a half and I am considering having sex with him. He WILL use a condom. I am not sure of his past, we have talked about it a little, but he could tell me anything right? My question is if using protection, what are the chances of contracting hiv from him if he did have it? this is driving me insane, I just would like some answers and advice.............Thanks.

Old 05-12-2005, 09:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

panaSONIQUE HB User
Re: Quick question,please respond

WHen a condom is used properly, chances of catching HIV (assuming hes positive) are very slim....if it breaks, there is still an unlikely chance of catching HIV...i'm amazed that you said "he could tell me anything right" alot of people dont think of that, and i'm SOO GLAD you're keeping yourself protected!!!!
Just be careful is all, and you'll be okay...don't let him talk you into not using a condom or anything, sometimes they have the tendency to do that.
I wrote a post called "what not to do if you test neg."...read that because i think it'll help guide you in the right direction as well
Best of luck to you, and keep staying safe...bye hun!
-S-

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2005, 09:30 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

MX62 HB User

Thanks for resonding so quickly.. I had a bad health scare about 10 months ago and everything turned out to be ok, THANK GOD. Ever since I feel like I have a clean bill of health and I want it to stay that way. Before I would have slept with him, using a condom for sure but now I am worried that even if he does use a condom that I can get it because there IS a chance. I have been racking my brain over this. thank you so much for your advice again. I test about 6 months ago because with my previous health scare I had MAJOR surgery which they had to give me a transfusion so I wanted to be tested and of course it came out neg. I will read your other post. thanks!

Old 05-15-2005, 10:53 PM   #4
(male)

michaelii HB User

You're fine. Relax.

Dont be so uptight about this, or neither of you will enjoy the experience.

Read about AIDS online and you will learn the risks.

Closed Thread