It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2005, 02:29 AM   #1
(male)

Speed Racer HB User
Get results in a few days.

Earlier this year I had unprotected sex with a guy I didn't really know all that well (which was stupid, but I have learnt). All year I've been worrying about HIV despite showing any symptoms. I've always been a rather fatigued and tired person but the anxiety associated with possibly having HIV has caused me to imagine I was even more tired than usual. Despite all this worrying, I wasn't quite game enough to have an HIV test as I was sure it would come up negative.

A few days ago my current partner became sick. She showed signs that I instantly linked to acute HIV - fever etc. - so I thought that okay, now's the time to get that test done as another person beside myself may be involved. Since then her symptoms have moved away from typical HIV stuff and, while they're still baffling the medical staff, are more than likely connected to something like her kidneys or liver. Even though I heard of this change before I went to get the test I still decided to go ahead with it.

Right now I am very, very nervous about a possible HIV infection. I've tossed it up in my mind and while I like to think that I'm a positive person who can deal with anything life throws at me, I'm still very scared and nervous about this. With luck I'll have the results on Friday - today's just going on Thursday - and I've had two days of stress. While I'm glad I finally decided to take the test to clear my head, and there's I high chance it's going to be "negative", I'm still very, very anxious about the outcome. I mean, what if?

At least I know to be more careful in future. My words of advice here: Always be safe, and if you have any doubt at all, get a test at the first possible point after the window period, rather than leaving it and essentially forgetting about it.

Qucik question: Over the course of this year - post unprotected encounter - I've had an explosion of warts on my hands. I started the year with just one and now it's increased to six in total. Three have come up in the last few weeks (which is approximately the time when I started getting minor thrush). I know that thrush is a sign of early HIV but I was wondering if warts are connected in any way as well? I'm sure that even if they are a symptom, They'll clear if I get a negative result, when I might be able to rest a little easier. Up until then, I'm just curious? Thanks

Thom

Last edited by Speed Racer; 11-23-2005 at 02:30 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread