It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2006, 11:21 AM   #1
(male)

jason02 HB User
White mucous discharge from penis? Is it a H.I.V symptom or not?!?!?!?!

i am hoping and praying that this is gohorehha or clahmydia...im trying to narrow down the symptoms i have so far

white puss coming from penis
mucous in stool(feces)
vomiting

so far ive been googling like a mad man and these symptoms seem to point in the direction of gonorehha.

but just to be on the safe side, a penis discharge ISNT a hiv/aids symptom is it?!?!!

i cant wait to go to the clinic tuesday. i need peace of mind..never had a std before and i am losing my mind, i cant even sleep!!

Old 02-19-2006, 11:50 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Lutheran122 HB User
Re: White mucous discharge from penis? Is it a H.I.V symptom or not?!?!?!?!

It sounds like another STD and not HIV. Symptoms of early HIV infection are flu like symptoms in the first 4 weeks or so , not discharge from the penis.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2006, 12:22 PM   #3
(male)

jason02 HB User

thanks for the reply. im hoping i have a std and not the beast.

but is it possible to inherit both(std and aids) at the same time?

Old 02-19-2006, 01:56 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Lutheran122 HB User

Yes its possible but you didn't say what your risky behaviour was so Its hard for the people here to give you advice on that without more info. I am no expert I just seen your post unanswered and tried to give you what I have read on many a webpage over the past 2 weeks or more. Did you go to the clinic?

Old 02-19-2006, 02:16 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SPECTACULAR HB User

Yeah, as Lutheran has said, we need to know your exposure.

But, penis discharge isn't a typical symptom of HIV. Sometimes HIV has no symptoms...sometimes it mimicks other diseases. There's no way to determine an HIV status based on symptoms alone.

Old 02-19-2006, 02:23 PM   #6
(male)

jason02 HB User

i had unprotected sex with a female like 3 times in one night. it was oral/vaginal

i think i noticed some white creamy goo in the vaginal area, but i thought i was *** so i moved on.(big mistake )

also, im also noticing that my feces have a mucous coating around them....i think that was another symptom for gonoreah.

but you guys are saying that a penis dischard isnt a typical hiv symptom right? i know hiv really has no symptoms but a penis discharge is pointing in a another direction right?

i am so freaking out right now!!

Old 02-19-2006, 04:09 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

SPECTACULAR HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason02
i had unprotected sex with a female like 3 times in one night. it was oral/vaginal

i think i noticed some white creamy goo in the vaginal area, but i thought i was *** so i moved on.(big mistake )

also, im also noticing that my feces have a mucous coating around them....i think that was another symptom for gonoreah.

but you guys are saying that a penis dischard isnt a typical hiv symptom right? i know hiv really has no symptoms but a penis discharge is pointing in a another direction right?

i am so freaking out right now!!
I'm sorry you are going throught this, but yes, I don't think penis discharge is a typical symptom of HIV. I read a bit about gonorrhea and it seems that symptoms appear 2 to 30 days after infection (though some guys show no symptoms). Sympoms include burning during urination and discharge. I'm not sure about other STDs, but maybe this could be what you have.

P.S. Keep in mind that it is more difficult for a man to contract HIV from a woman. It's more difficult than say a woman getting it from a man or a man getting it from a man. This is because the exchange of fluids during sex is minimal from a woman to a man. So, you have a lot of things in your favor in this situation.

We're here for you.

God bless,
Cali

Last edited by SPECTACULAR; 02-19-2006 at 04:12 PM.

Old 02-19-2006, 04:13 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

SPECTACULAR HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason02
I just thought of something else - could she have had a yeast infection? "white creamy goo" could have been yeast.

Old 02-19-2006, 05:18 PM   #9
(male)

jason02 HB User

yeah i heard it is hard for a female to transmit to a male....

i dont have any cuts or anything on my penis, thank god.

i heard if you dont have any cuts on there, its kinda hard to transmit the virus through the uretha hole.

the girl she said she tested neg for hiv three months ago, dont know if i trust her though.

thank you guys for your support

Last edited by jason02; 02-19-2006 at 05:27 PM.

Old 02-19-2006, 06:06 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

last1 HB User

The symptoms you are describing are, in no way, consistent with HIV. (However, I ma here to tell you that becuase there are no specific symptoms for HIV, you should be tested in the event that you were exposed to HIV. Get it? So, it is possible that you were exposed but these symptoms are not related to HIV.) The symptoms you have described may be consistent with gonorrhea (usually the discharge is yellow) or a urinary tract infection or possibly yeast.

However, you need to be tested in any event....

Oh, and stop referring to HIV as "the beast". Those of us who are HIV+ have learned to live and be productive with 'the beast'.

Old 02-19-2006, 06:15 PM   #11
(male)

jason02 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflas
The symptoms you are describing are, in no way, consistent with HIV. (However, I ma here to tell you that becuase there are no specific symptoms for HIV, you should be tested in the event that you were exposed to HIV. Get it? So, it is possible that you were exposed but these symptoms are not related to HIV.) The symptoms you have described may be consistent with gonorrhea (usually the discharge is yellow) or a urinary tract infection or possibly yeast.

However, you need to be tested in any event....

Oh, and stop referring to HIV as "the beast". Those of us who are HIV+ have learned to live and be productive with 'the beast'.
dude im sorry if i offended you or anyone else on this board. You guys are great...i really needed someone to talk to in this crisis.

Are you HIV+ by the way? if so what were your specific symptoms out of curiosity?

And i will definately be getting tested tuesday. I dont care if i have to call off work to do it either..

Old 02-20-2006, 05:41 AM   #12
Inactive
(male)

last1 HB User

Jason: thanks for your reply...and I appreciate your sensitivity. It is an interesting concept to think of it as the "beast" and I apologize for being hypersentive.

The really insidious aspect of this disease is that most people don't have any warnings. Symptoms, therefore, don't define the disease and you'll really only know by a blood test. As I said, your symptoms are not like anything that I would associate with HIV.

As for me? No, symptoms. Never! I found out after a blood test (based upon risky behaviors) 12 yrs ago. I've been healthy since then with a fluctuating T-cell count but a viral load that has always been undetectible.

Let me know if you have additional questions. I want to be straight about this but it's hard to anticipate what questions you may have. chris

Old 02-20-2006, 06:31 PM   #13
(male)

jason02 HB User

hey, i just talked to the girl, she said she had unprotected sex with her ex around thanksgiving then got tested for hiv and everything like two weeks later...

she said she came out neg though, but how accurate is two weeks after?

Old 02-21-2006, 01:35 AM   #14
Inactive
(male)

Lutheran122 HB User

2 weeks is not accurate , 13 weeks is definitive although a test after 6 weeks is a pretty good indicator if you can't wait.

Old 02-21-2006, 11:10 AM   #15
(male)

jason02 HB User

but yeah, is it possible to get gono and hiv at the same time??!

at this point im pretty sure i got gono.....i mean white mucous coming out of omy penis isnt something i ever experienced before.

gono, i dont care about, just give me a pill, shot whatever goodbye, im more concerned with hiv.

Closed Thread