It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2006, 07:36 PM   #1
(female)

Daisyflower HB User
I have a question...

I can tend to sometimes be paranoid... Well, about 3 months ago I was eating at McDonalds and the workers were acting very strange so, being paranoid, I got a weird sense. I don't think they did anything to my food, but even if they had, can you get hiv/aids from eating infected blood?

I know long bouts of diarrhea is a sympton, but after how much time would it occur. I have something like that right now. For about a week now, around three days time period I seem to get diarrhea. It usually happens, recently, if I eat something junky like icecream.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Old 04-01-2006, 07:55 PM   #2
(male)

jimmylongjohn HB User
Re: I have a question...

Ha ha hee, your so funny, swriosly study these boards and you'll find some real dilema's. You've no risk what so ever, unless they didn't like the look of you, in which case your in big trouble. ha ha. Just cut out on the junk food fora while and find what a difference might make. OK!

Last edited by jimmylongjohn; 04-01-2006 at 08:00 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2006, 02:01 PM   #3
(female)

Daisyflower HB User

Thanks

Does anyone else have any advice?

Old 04-02-2006, 02:39 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

SPECTACULAR HB User

You are fine. They didn't give you HIV at McDonalds.

Old 04-02-2006, 02:51 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

last1 HB User

Just let me elaborate. The HIV virus is fairly fragile (actually, very fragile) . It doesn't exist outside of the environment for which it is most suited, ie: the human body. Now, I think you think that they could have messed with your food at the mind can lead us into all kinds of arenas here. However, in order for you to contract HIV from "eating infected blood" it would mean actually sitting down with a bowl of blood and consuming it. Not a very pleasant thought.

For someone to mess with your hamburger they would have had to have ejaculated or bled directly onto your burger. However, the HIV vius would be destroyed becuase of the heat, etc. Am I making myself clear...because I'm beginning to confuse the hell out of myself. Enough to say, "you're OK." chris

Old 04-02-2006, 04:55 PM   #6
(female)

Daisyflower HB User

Yes, you were very clear! Thank you so much! The only reason I began to think they might have was because about three weeks later I got "flu like symptons". Being bored to death because I was sick, I thought back to that night and remembered their sketchy behavior.

Thanks!

Old 04-02-2006, 07:17 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

last1 HB User

Dear Daisy: The mind is a terrible thing to waste. I cannot tell you how many times I have freaked out about a past relationship and yet, still stumbled into them. Imagine what would happen it we managed to harness that energy into writing a really good poem? I'm glad we could help. chris

Last edited by last1; 04-02-2006 at 07:17 PM. Reason: punctuation

Old 04-03-2006, 05:52 PM   #8
(female)

Daisyflower HB User

Thank you all so much!

Chris, I know what you mean, lol. I'm in highschool right now and we have this major paper due soon. If only I could use the energy I spent worrying, for my paper; I'd be sure to get and "A"!!

Last edited by Daisyflower; 04-03-2006 at 05:53 PM.

Old 04-07-2006, 01:23 AM   #9
Inactive

ralve HB User

Hi~~
I happened to be cruising around the boards tonight looking for a few things, and came across this post. I am curious enough to write back, and just ask a very simple question. WHY, even if you did think that they did something to your food, would you jump all the way to something like HIV?? If I thought that the employees were acting strange, I might think of something like them spitting in the food, or dropping it on the floor or something (I really don't even think I would go THAT far...) but just how did you make this huge leap all the way to them infecting your food with HIV??? I think you should definitely think less about them infecting your food, and think more about this paranoia that you need to deal with. Not to be indelicate, but if you really spent any time at all worrying about something like this, you need to find a way to deal with it. Talk to someone, find some help for this. All joking aside, you really need to deal with these types of paranoid feelings, because they can surface and get out of hand in life in all kinds of different situations.
I used to have anxiety attacks, and sort of found a way to deal with them as I get older. The reason I mention this is because you having a paranoid reaction to the employees acting strangely is not unlike having a deep anxiety over something unrelated. Find out why you might be paranoid, and try to deal with it. Believe me, just like my anxiety attacks, they can get out of hand, and you should really deal with it before it becomes something that takes over your life. I know people that won't even eat out because of a paranoid fear of germs. I worry about things like germs, but not to the point that I won't eat out. Enjoy life, and don't worry, the employees didn't infect you with HIV, don't spend any more of your precious life worrying about something that didn't happen. Read a good book, and engross your mind into thought provoking ideas that will keep you too busy to worry about such impossible things. Go to the local bookstore such as Barnes and Noble, and get a book on anxiety, there are so many helpful things to read. Take care of yourself, be healthy, and you will empower yourself to overcome any feelings of paranoia. Good luck!

Old 04-07-2006, 11:58 AM   #10
Inactive
(male)

Jeepdate HB User

Daisyflower,
I just joined the boards and came accross your post. After reading al of the post I am sure by now that you realize that the employees could not have infected you with the HIV virus. The one thing that no one was talking about is your problem with diarrhea after you eat ice cream. My first suspicion would be an intolerance to lactose. People who are intollerant to this simple sugar found in dairy products have few but distinct symptoms. The first is abdominal cramping that starts usually about one half hour after eating dairy products (milk usually being the major offender). The second and most uncomportable is the fecal urgency associated with the diarrhea. Often times one is lucky to make it to the bathroom in time. There is not much that you can do for lactose intolerance other than avoid dairy. There are some dairy products out there that has added a bacteria that is normally found in the human intestine called lactobaccillus. This bacteria breaks down the lactose to the basic sugars glucose and galactose which will not cause the problems. There are also lactose tolerance test that can be performed by your physician if he/she suspects this may be the problem.
My main concern though is your serious problem with this paranoia. I have seen far too many young adults start with what they think is just a "silly" issue and it turns into a major psychological problem. Start now and talk to your family memers for support and please for your own mental health seek the advice of a qualified therapist that deals with patients in your age range.
Good luck and good health
Jeepdate

Last edited by Jeepdate; 04-07-2006 at 12:01 PM.

Closed Thread