It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2006, 01:08 PM   #1
(female)

tbilisigirl HB User
my thanks to this site

First of all, i want to say that i got tested and am negative and of course i am very happy because of this, but will always come to this site, because exactly this was THE SITE that helped me with all. When i was waiting i was thinking what if i am positive??? and i thought-first thing i will do-i will go home and go to this site-people there i will find support and all need support you know, positive or negatives, i mean those negatives, who suffer while wait results. My husband is HIV positive, i knew this, i married him 4 years ago and i did tests three times after that, after several months, then after some period and today i got the answer for my third one. I was protecting, but you know this is life-several times condoms “failed”, so…. I still was worrying very much. I remember very well one female here (KUKLA) who also had problem to go for tests, I mean she had suspicion, was worrying, but was afraid to go, I was in the same situation. I can not find you any more KUKLA, please if you still come here, let me know have you been tested and result? I understand people who are afraid to get tested and it is terrible that you have to wait. I mean that period took all my nerves. I was very worried, even more than before I went to get a test. Waiting is terrible, to know or not to know? I thought better to know maybe, cause you will find in early stage. One thing I want to know is that to be strong is very, very important, are you positive or negative. For instance my husband is a very strong person, he is infected from 2000, but if you look at him, talk to him, you will see that he is happy and makes plans for very long future and he is very right. As I see, I also know other people who are positive, but they feel worse than my husband, because they are “weak”. I AM NOT a strong person and I know this, that’s is why I was worrying. I wish all to be negative (who have not tested yet) and wish all to be strong (who know that they are positive). And one more time, thank you for this site. Unfortunately, we here (Georgia, Tbilisi, Europe, not usa) do not have such good site, but some things already started, so hope that will improve in the nearest future.
I have one question also-in my country stigma is very high (pardon, I do not know if I use this word correctly-I mean when people “avoid” you when you positive and think that it is a shame), please write how are things in your countries from this point of view? I am interested in ANY country. Thank you in advance. Kate

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2006, 05:58 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Ronnie99 HB User
Re: my thanks to this site

Congratulations on your negative test!

Old 09-02-2006, 06:35 AM   #3
(female)

tbilisigirl HB User

Thank you Ronnie very much terrible days when you wait for answer I am very interested if KUKLA made the same, we both were talking about our fear to go to test. I had another nick during that time, then forgot password and unfortunatelly, i could not recover it, so just changed. Is this only here in Georgia and russia too or stigma is everywhere high? pardon me again, under word stigma i mean when people are vrey afraid when they contact HIV positive, avoid any contact with him/her and so on.Kate

Old 09-02-2006, 07:02 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Ronnie99 HB User

Hi Tblisigirl: I've heard that the stigma is strong in all places, but I have heard that is is particularly strong in eastern europe from some articles I have read. I hope the best for your husband and his continued good health. Best of luck to you also...

Old 09-02-2006, 08:30 AM   #5
(female)

nyo22 HB User

I am glad you tested negative.
Stigma is pretty high around the world even in africa where infection rates are really high. Part of the reason is the fact that in these countries HIV+=DEATH they do not have the kind of treatments available in the U.S etc therefore no one wants to deal with the fact that you may be dying. I have noticed that in these countries more people are becoming more honest about their conditions as they get medications because they realize they will have good and bad days but will live a long time as opposed to the 3 to 10 years that is often predicted when treatment is not available.
Take care of yourself.

Closed Thread