It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2006, 11:28 PM   #1
(male)

Stamos411 HB User
I am very scared

About a month ago, I had unprotected sexual intercourse with a girl I was dating for just a week. The reason it was unprotected was because I have always had erectile difficulties with condoms, so I took it off in the heat of the moment to avoid embarassment.

This girl had around 20 sexual partners in her life.

We discussed the possibilities of STDs before and after we had sex. She said she has been tested 4 times in the last year or so, the last time was about 2 weeks before we started dating.

This clears out about 18/20 of the men she slept with, and leaves 2 that she was with within that "3 - 6 month gap".

She said she had protected sex with both of those guys, a condom each time, AND they those guys tested frequently.

She said the only reason she was comfortable having unprotected sex with me was because I have only been with 1 other girl prior to her, and I have been tested.

In theory, if this was all true, I should be fine... but what if she lied? I believe my paranoia irritated her, and we broke off contact entirely. What if she lied about being tested? She seemed genuine when she mentioned it, and was even capable of making a few jokes about it.. but I don't know.

I was tested a couple of weeks ago, still waiting the results.. the clinic is terrible. I know the results wouldn't show anything because it wasn't the 3 month waiting period, but I had to do it.. I will do it again soon.

Lastly, I don't have any symptoms except for itchy skin. I have a few tiny red spots around my body, arms, legs, back, chest/stomach, scrotum.. They are hardly visible, but itch like crazy. This could be a number of things, but naturally, my paranoia is going to blame the possibility of HIV.

A couple of questions:

1. Does that symptom sound common for HIV positive people?
2. Does having sex with an HIV positive person GUARANTEE the transmission of the STD?
3. When they took my blood for the test, the following day, I had a very large bruise around where the needle was inserted. Is this a sign?
4. Based on my circumstances, how concerned would YOU be?

Last edited by Stamos411; 11-27-2006 at 01:22 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2006, 02:08 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

another guy HB User
Re: I am very scared

I would not be concerned at all, and there are no reliable symptoms for HIV, I never had symptoms, I went from perfect health to Pneumonia in an Hour.
There is no Guarantee that having sex with an HIV+ person will cause you to become infected. I have been with my lady for 7 years, found out my positive status last year, so that is 6 years with NO protection and she is NEGATIVE, It also seems that I have been HIV+ for a minimum of 10 years.
Stress will give you all the symptoms, for any thing you fancy suffering from. Try and calm down as your not doing yourself any favours. I know 13 weeks is a long wait, but the negative result will be worth it.
Take care.

Old 11-27-2006, 09:53 PM   #3
(male)

Stamos411 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by another guy
I would not be concerned at all, and there are no reliable symptoms for HIV, I never had symptoms, I went from perfect health to Pneumonia in an Hour.
There is no Guarantee that having sex with an HIV+ person will cause you to become infected. I have been with my lady for 7 years, found out my positive status last year, so that is 6 years with NO protection and she is NEGATIVE, It also seems that I have been HIV+ for a minimum of 10 years.
Stress will give you all the symptoms, for any thing you fancy suffering from. Try and calm down as your not doing yourself any favours. I know 13 weeks is a long wait, but the negative result will be worth it.
Take care.
Thank you, that reply eased my nerves a bit. Last night I didn't sleep at all. I rolled around all night thinking about it. I still thought about it all day, but at least I wasn't on the verge of tears this time. That is very impressive that your lady did not contract the disease. Not to be too perrsonal, but did you ever ejaculate inside of her?

Question: I did not ejaculate inside this girl, I pulled out to do that. Does that lower the chances of me contracting HIV at all?

A few updates: I have noticed a couple of random bruises on me. One on my thigh, the other on my forearm. I have no idea where they came from.

Also, my vision has become more blurry.. Although I am attributing this to my level of fatigue due to missing out on sleep.

These forums are my comfort blanket. I feel A LOT better here than I do anywhere else. Thank you everyone, even if you don't reply, thank you for sharing your experiences and posting your own concerns.. It gives a warm sense of community.

Old 11-27-2006, 10:13 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

another guy HB User

You really must forget about symptoms, they mean nothing. Only a test will tell you, If you are having unusual health problems then test right away for all STDís as they are more likely than HIV, and when you do test for HIV they will ask if you have been tested for STD.

Old 11-28-2006, 09:33 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SPECTACULAR HB User

I'm glad you are here, Stamos. *HUG*

This is a great place with lots of warm people. You will be fine.

Old 11-28-2006, 09:31 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

adamace1 HB User

You should not get hiv, other things maybe. You should just learn from what happened. You say she slept with 20 people, say those 20 people slept with 5 people and those 5 selpt with five and so on, you could have slept with 100-200 people? Just be thankfull you are ok and be more carefull!!!! I have read that 20-35% of college stundents have an std or some sort, That has always helped me refrain from sex.

Old 11-28-2006, 10:59 PM   #7
(male)

Stamos411 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamace1
You should not get hiv, other things maybe. You should just learn from what happened. You say she slept with 20 people, say those 20 people slept with 5 people and those 5 selpt with five and so on, you could have slept with 100-200 people? Just be thankfull you are ok and be more carefull!!!! I have read that 20-35% of college stundents have an std or some sort, That has always helped me refrain from sex.
What makes you think I should NOT get HIV, but other things?

Thats a terrifying point you bring up, that 20 can actually equal 100 - 200.. but she claims she WAS tested 4 times in the last year, which narrows the numbers down dramatically.

Most other STDs do not concern me as much, because they are curable (with exception to a couple).

Old 11-30-2006, 10:27 PM   #8
(male)

Stamos411 HB User

A few added details, all of which increase my risk.

-I gave her unprotected oral sex a on a couple of different occasions.

-I am uncircumsized

-The night we had intercourse, we actually did it 3 times that night.

How much higher is the risk now?

Old 12-01-2006, 11:47 AM   #9
(male)

Stamos411 HB User

Update: I went to see the doctor so he could diagnose the itchiness. He said it is NOT a symptom of HIV, although he did diagnose me with scabies . I wish he made sure, but he just looked, not even up close, and told me what it was.

Anyway, he told me plain and simple "You do not have HIV". I asked him why, and he said because in the area that we live, there are very few cases of aids, and it is "not Africa", where 1 in 4 people are infected. I told him about how many partners she has had, and he told me she doesn't have it either. He said that even if I had intercourse with someone with aids, the chances of contracting it are miniscule. He refused to give me another blood test, and told me to wait the 3 months.

I am shocked by his level of confidence, but I am still going to get tested at 3 months.

Old 12-02-2006, 02:23 AM   #10
(female)

zouby HB User

Hey Stamos,
I am in a somewhat similar situation, i had protected sex and unprotected oral with a guy who joked about having AIDS after we had sex and i am really scared. I went and got a blood test after a week, came back negative but i have to wait the tree months and its driving me crazy. The counselor for the test told me the same thing - in our area there are very few hiv+ people and that chances from oral sex are very low but somehow i don't believe in statistics.
I hope it all goes well for you, i think this website is amazing, it both makes me worry like crazy and then in some moments calms me down. i am definetely stuck to it for the next two months.

Old 12-21-2006, 09:37 PM   #11
(male)

Stamos411 HB User

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Update: My initial results are in, (which are meaningless, considering how quickly I got tested after the moment of potential infection).

Everything is negative, except they found a higher level of bilirubin. I am going in to talk to the doctor tomorrow about it. I read that this is potentially hepatitis.

I make one bad decision and I pay for it for months. This SUCKS!

Old 12-22-2006, 02:56 PM   #12
Veteran
(male)

lovinthev8 HB User

Just for the record, I got a hep/hiv test about 2 weeks ago. The second time I came in to receive my results (can't tell me over the phone) my doctor was gone, and another one was in filling in and didn't know me. He was a little confused. He told me I was negative on HIV so I was like okay cool, what about hep. He said well... you have indication of having hep here. I was like... whaaaaaat? I didn't even have a reason to get tested, I just kind of asked for it so I knew. Then after some tense moments he realized that it was my hep shot that contributed to the higher level of hep... Because as we all know what a vaccine is, they give you a small tiny weak portion of the ACTUAL virus to protect you from it. But once he saw I had the vaccine he's like omg sorry! You're fine!

Maybe that's the same thing you're facing?

btw - You live you learn. Don't repeat any of these mistakes.

Old 12-22-2006, 06:40 PM   #13
(male)

Stamos411 HB User

I don't think thats the issue unfortunately. I have been vaccinated a long time ago, and was tested for STDs after.. and there was no sign of bilirubin.

I talked to the doctor today, she said its not abnormally high.. Normal is around 20, mine is around 39.. 100 - 200 is reason to be concerned.

So i got yet another blood test.. this one will be screening my bilirubin levels again, and hepatitis.. This is too much

Old 12-29-2006, 12:53 PM   #14
(male)

Stamos411 HB User

Update: Hepatitis results came back clear, and my bilirubin count has improved.

Back to worrying about the big fish now..

Old 01-22-2007, 03:38 PM   #15
(male)

Stamos411 HB User

I hope no one minds this thread.. I figured it would be better to have one of my own rather than starting 10.

Another thought.. I have thought about this, and over the last 2 months or so, I havn't had any symptoms of it at all. No fatigue, no flu like symptoms, no diahrea, no bruising, no strange coating in my mouth.. everything is fine.

So a question. I realize some people don't experience symptoms, and I realize some experience them much later than others..

But on average, how long does it take until someone gets any indicators after contracting the disease? Days? Weeks? Months?

Closed Thread